I made a remix for Redman - Rockafella

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
This is damn near perfect :ehh:

That recorder/flute in there sounds so random but somehow...it works. It's making me think of something else but I can't pinpoint it right now.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
goddamn that's dope!! The Lou donaldson drums, nice slample flip and you lined it up perfectly. Sounds like it's from that era. I'm gonna be peeping more of your shyt.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
goddamn that's dope!! The Lou donaldson drums, nice slample flip and you lined it up perfectly. Sounds like it's from that era. I'm gonna be peeping more of your shyt.
Thanks breh

What's crazy is I didn't have even to change any of my drum patterns and only made some slight alterations to the sequencing, everything just happened to perfectly fit the pocket of his rapping :mjlol:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Thanks breh

What's crazy is I didn't have even to change any of my drum patterns and only made some slight alterations to the sequencing, everything just happened to perfectly fit the pocket of his rapping :mjlol:
and that's what's missing when producers do these remixing of old vocals. I remember hearing the Biggie Born Again album for the first time 25 years ago.. Now I love Mannie Fresh, and the beat he did on that album was top notch, but it just didn't match Biggie's vocals from what he originally rhymed over. Primo matched that with his remix and even though it was an old Tracey Lee song, it sounded as if Big was in the studio with Primo, Meth and Red. That's what this joint and the Nas joint I listened to from you sounds like. Sounds like official remixes from that era.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
and that's what's missing when producers do these remixing of old vocals. I remember hearing the Biggie Born Again album for the first time 25 years ago.. Now I love Mannie Fresh, and the beat he did on that album was top notch, but it just didn't match Biggie's vocals from what he originally rhymed over. Primo matched that with his remix and even though it was an old Tracey Lee song, it sounded as if Big was in the studio with Primo, Meth and Red. That's what this joint and the Nas joint I listened to from you sounds like. Sounds like official remixes from that era.
While I do think there's something to making remixes on beats that are a completely different vibe to the OG, I always like to do shyt that sounds like it could've been made at the time of the recording...more authenticity. I even went as far as running this through a vinyl plugin :mjlol:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Was working on a mix for this beat competition in Brooklyn and was tossing Dare Iz a Darkside era Redman soundbites to put on this old beat I made when I realized Rockafella fit the vibe perfectly lol

Lemme find my NJ Devils Jersey, Camouflage Fatigues, Timbs so I can wild out..

Sounds like you made this in 94, lol. Fits that time perfectly.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I updated the link, FL studio has a gang of plugins for cleaning up vocals that I only just got hip to :mjlol: