‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Y'all don't seem to understand how high rent is in certain parts of the country. If you read the article, which I doubt many of you did, her new residence is 2k per month and it's a dump with numerous issues. That was the only place she could find that would let her lease. I hate this "living above your means" bullshyt. You sound like the white people you claim to hate. Does everyone belong in a cardboard box or something? This woman's life was ruined by this system of rental serfdom and instead of finding fault with the system you find fault with the victim. This woman was living a middle class life and now she's being thrust into poverty. When are you idiots going to realize that this could be you?

We need a bloody, violent Revolution to wake people up and emancipate them from mental slavery :hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
dude, she wouldn't be getting paid enough to cover that much rent even if she lived in the bay area getting bay area salaries.

From what I read she's on a contract, but didn't get re-upped. Those nurse and nurse assistant contracts are paying stupid bread right now. The fact she didn't get picked back up is :patrice: esp if they still had more slots for the next session.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“After consistently paying her rent for years, her landlord denied her four extra days to pay her rent, and served her 60-day notice.”

That’s a direct quote from the article so it was likely 4 days after the contractual grace period.
There must be more to this story, because she’s making it seem like she was a saint. They must’ve wanted her out if they were not willing to give her 4 days to get the rent together

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
It's amazing how if the article said, "Black people get evicted more than anyone else" there would be a certain kind of reply in here.

But since "women" was in the title we're getting an entirely different kind of reply in here.
I would love to see a bait thread like this, where the OP frames the article to be about black people in general
and then does the ol good switcheroo and actually its an article specifically about black women.

There would probably be a lot of post edits.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
There must be more to this story, because she’s making it seem like she was a saint. They must’ve wanted her out if they were not willing to give her 4 days to get the rent together
The housing market in Washington is stupid dumb right now. Folks that may have an extra home or other options are definitely looking to sell rather than rent, because the market is so hot. I have some friends in Seattle that were looking to move back east, and when they were ready to sell they were getting bids for 100K+ over asking, cash, before the listing was made public.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
We need more shelters and public housing for situations like this.
Harsh but it's not the landlords responsibility to carry you when times get hard. Even with that most states make it hard to get tenants out, in my city you can damn near squat for like a year before the police get involved but I know in southern states the laws are more harsh.
That rent she was paying was crazy, that's twice my mortgage and we live in comparable cost of living cities
The majority of facilities ARE for situations like this.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She applied for emergency rental assistance from King County. Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges – every penny she owed.
I don't ever believe any of these bogus tenant/landlord sob stories off the headlines. She owned them $20,000 in back rent. Meaning she hadn't paid rent for 8mo. So no, it wasn't "just for days" late. She was almost a year behind. :camby:

She would use all of her extra cash toward decorating.
...but she spending money on decorations?:dahell: