‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

Superstar
Daps
No need for calling me a white suprrmacist, but yall gynocracist typically resort to name calling rather than accountability.

Woman wants to flex
in a rental spending money to fix up a rental and living check to check instead of saving.

Guess economics and personal finance are part of the patriarchy and whote supremacy though
"personal finance is part of the patriarchy"
3/4 of homeless are male :dahell:

Hazel Brown

All Star
Daps
It’s crazy that on a site that CONSTANTLY tells men not to get married, how horrible marriage is for men but still judges a woman for not being married. Then takes the “independent, don’t need a man” quote from the fukking 90s and tries to attach it to this woman JUST because she’s black so they can find a reason for her to “deserve” this. smfh

Men are supposed to be the logical ones but it’s clear the part of the brain that’s responsible for empathy has been discarded and in its place is a bunch of red pill and anti black women talking points. The worse thing is that they take these talking points and use them on women it doesn’t apply to.

Nowhere did anyone mention strong and independent. Most women desire marriage and a family. It’s hardwired in women to desire this.

Yet their own talking points about men shouldn’t marry contradict with them mocking her for being unmarried. Is this logical?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Unless it was 4 days after the 60 day notice that she was given?

My point is why was she given 60 day notice if she was such an exemplary tenant?
“After consistently paying her rent for years, her landlord denied her four extra days to pay her rent, and served her 60-day notice.”

That’s a direct quote from the article so it was likely 4 days after the contractual grace period.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Straight up breh, shyt is ruthless out here. I live in one of the new central district apartments with some low income sparsed in, which i actually like as a housing model, and i know for sure my neighbor across the hall was low income and riding out until the moratorium was lifted, and the building definitely hit him over the head with rent increase.

he was a younger Eritrean breh (he was a bit of an a$$hole but still a brother), and a white woman lives there now. Message.

i actually dipped from my job which i had for 15 years, i’m doing well, just because the prospect of owning a home keeps getting further away. Ive made 6 figures for at least 8 years. My new job i will make 20-30% more, and probably only feel about 10% better.

regarding OP, black women i know figure out a way to live by themselves because of the stimga of roomates in their 30s but as it shows shyt unravels quickly. My current gf has a roomate and is self conscious about it, and i’ve actually made her more comfortable with shere she is in life…oh she has a master’s degree..that's how real it is here. One hiccup and check to check breaks quickly. (Edit: she isnt check to check just saying, regarding the OP)

Last edited:

Mega

Superstar
Daps
She was paying $2500 a month over a 4 year period for a house that she would never own.
2500 x 4 yrs = $120,000.

Could've been paid off a good amount on townhouse/condo in many states with that kind of money.
:francis:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
As a Seattle breh, this shyt is real. @RadaMillz @Eastside Get The Money @Howie Doroughberg @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @O Fenômeno

Sadly, the ADOS Black population native to the region is disproportionately not getting ANY of the tech money. They also typically dont have a solid base of family to lean on like the Somalis and Ethiopians who live in in the Rainier Valley and North Seattle/Shoreline.

SO what that means is, given that Black Women are MTL to have children by Black Men, the Black mothers in the Puget Sound area are statistically going to be of low income and more than likely single. And Seattle is arguably the toughest home market in the entire USA with a bad mix of scarcity, high prices, and lack of infrastructure to support living outside of City Limits, especially if you arent a 6 figure breh who works a kush job to support flexible hours and a commute.

And while the South Sound (Tacoma/Olympia) are more affordable, the wages there arent as lucrative and even those areas are getting snatched up by Seattle commuters.

I tagged the other Seattle posters because most of us are transplants and are mostly immune to the rent crisis (my theory is that Black Men arent as vulnerable since the dusties can either shack up with random women and the transplants are probably making more money and can afford it).
Great breakdown. I never had the plan of being here long term but I’ve come to the conclusion that unless I literally spend $0 on anything but rent and bills I will never, ever be able to have a hole solo in Seattle. Even Tacoma and Everett are getting pricey and I deplore traffic so that’s not even an option.

I stay in white center right with my sister now which is considered not the best area and she’s really thinking about moving in with her boyfriend and I am literally going to be homeless cause there’s no way I can make up the whole rent each month by myself and I have no idea what I’m going to do. There’s a strong possibility that my last resort would be moving into one of those aPODments and they still run about $1000+ :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I salute anybody working a normal 9-5 living out there (non 6 figure tech job)

Shoutout @Eastside Get The Money, I kicked it with breh a couple times :salute:

What’s good family!! You good people I hope this crazy life is treating you right. You ever back out this way hit your mans up :salute:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No need for calling me a white suprrmacist, but yall gynocracist typically resort to name calling rather than accountability.

Woman wants to flex in a rental spending money to fix up a rental and living check to check instead of saving.

Guess economics and personal finance are part of the patriarchy and whote supremacy though

Don't disagree about her lack of fiscal responsiblity. just sounded real harsh.

"the black girl magic" line wasn't necessary fam.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What’s good family!! You good people I hope this crazy life is treating you right. You ever back out this way hit your mans up :salute:

That Rona hit and I decided to stop being a nomad and came back to Atlanta haha. I'll be back that way some time this year, i'll hit you up fa sho

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead: y’all really hate black women. Where did this woman say any of that???

She didn't say any of that. These dudes are just mad that some other women that they wanted to date dissed them at some other point in time. It is really hateful shyt to gloat in someone else's misfortune.