‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I represent tenants getting evicted every week.

Its absolutely brutal - and the lack of community response against exploitative landlords is key to the issue.

There should be immense pressure, both aimed at the landlords and at local government to ensure they behave.

If y'all could see eviction court every single morning you'd be sick.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
That's true for 90% of non-homeowners, the problem being how you gonna spend 4 years saving up that kind of money if you have to pay rent?

That's why the entire landlord/rental system is a bunch of bullshyt, people are literally penalized for not being rich while others are rewarded for having more money than they need for themselves.
Sorry if I was not clear in my post.
What I meant was that if she owned her own place that same 2500 a month/120k could've been equity in her home.
Either way it's a sad situation.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"According to tenant data produced by the Washington State Housing and Finance Commission, 34% of the renters in DevCo’s low-income properties in King County are Black. About 11% of all renters in the county are Black."

What is their definition of "Eviction"? There are different stages. Are they calculating evictions as just the 1st eviction 30 day letter notice, or are they counting evictions as actually physically moving out of the apartment? Or are they only counting the Evictions were settled in court? There is also a difference between Evictions in the public sector and private sector. Are both being accounted for?

Statistics can be manipulated to create a narrative to stir emotions :manny:
There aren't "different stages" - an eviction action is one that has been filed with the court, thirty-day, ten-day, and three-day notices aren't considered evictions.
If a complaint has been filed that is an eviction action - "settled in court" does not negate the clear systemic issue.
Not reading all that shyt and of course every case is different but every black women that I've known that gotten evicted from her spot was cause the nikka she was with.
From having 20 nikkas hanging outside the spot, to selling drugs to taking the rent money and saying they paying but actually pocketing that shyt.

Pick better partners brehetts
:mjpls:
Sounds like you need to pick better people to be around - the vast majority of eviction cases are either: (1) end of month-to-month leases (initiated by the landlord), or (2) non-payment of rent cases. - which span anything from someone missing $1.00 of their charges, to someone not paying rent at all.
I actually feel bad but at the same time, shows, not entirely in their case but definitely in part and in general, the dangers of various kinds of rhetoric often brandied and repeated in a given community and in this case, the black community. :francis:
The only danger is the "danger of not being paid enough to afford median rent in your city" which is a norm across the entire United States.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The independent liberal woman is going to get her wakeup call that she actually does need a man.
Men are getting evicted too nikka. A couple getting evicted isn't any better than an individual getting evicted.

This is part of the reason why you buy if you can. I remember my homeboy told me "With renting you have 3 months not to pay before evictions, with a mortgage it's at least 6 months". I went 377 days without a payment and still have my home.
Buying i virtually impossible if you don't have a down-payment, have evictions on your record (which stay for years), or have to be transient due to work.
Yup. If you go by social media: black women are doing better than anyone else living in luxury while black men are bums. I see so many of these stupid back and forth daily it's sad
What about social media has led you to believe this. The only thing I see on my social media apps are regular ass people didn't regular ass shyt.
"The 44-year-old nursing assistant had paid her $2,490 monthly rent for four years without incident."

Without even knowing this woman,this sounds like a problem based on her job:francis: unless nursing assistants make more than I thought. But then again shes probably getting disability for her son too.

But still,people often take on this kind of a load as soon as they have the chance. Rather than living well below your means and saving money.
Housing access is hard, housing is expensive, cheap housing puts your children and your lives in danger.
Where I live the average median rent is almost $1500 - if you want to try and live in a place that's $800/month you're going to deal with shootings, mold, property manegemtn not fixing issues, regular break-ins, etc.
Government assistance our women recive,along with child support,along with police protection definitely aid in many of our women thinking/knowing they dont need black men.

Doesnt mean they cant learn the hard way that the Europeans assistance,is not the same as a mans guidance.

The problem with women is they mostly have horrible plans,especially under pressure. But just by their nature of being emotional and less logical in general. They are very likely to make a bad situation worse. Or refuse to walk away when they should,and compound a problem til its out of control.

Mind you I'm not advocsting black women get with any ol black man. Most of us dont have a 1 year plan,letalong a 5. And will have women lost at sea before throwing them overboard. But if a woman finds a knowledgeable black man she should cling to him. And consider becoming a sister wife if applicable.
Shut yo bytch ass up goofy rapist sambo ass nikka

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
she's a nursing assistant paying $2490 a month for housing? how could she even afford that on her salary????
in my experience its likely she had amenities for her and her child - she was paying an absurd amount - but housing prices have gone up, particularly accessible housing in reasonable neighborhoods.
Exactly. That's her fault. $2500 as a CNA...can't make more than $20/hr.
find her some affordable housing then nikka
1 - $2490 is too much rent to be paying. She was already living well outside of her means. And it’s too much to be charging. It’s fukked up that someone else will move in and be in the same situation.

2 - Need to hear the landlords side of it. I doubt she was evicted for only being 4 days late one time. Most states have a grace period of 5 days.

3 - It costs more to evict people than to let them stay where they are. The city or county where she is should have stepped in with assistance.
fukk the landlord - you and that nikka can hang out in the ground somewhere - state law very rarely trumps lease agreements - since they're governed by contract law
no such thing as a state mandated grace period unless you're in NYC or LA

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Men are getting evicted too nikka. A couple getting evicted isn't any better than an individual getting evicted.

Buying i virtually impossible if you don't have a down-payment, have evictions on your record (which stay for years), or have to be transient due to work.

What about social media has led you to believe this. The only thing I see on my social media apps are regular ass people didn't regular ass shyt.

Housing access is hard, housing is expensive, cheap housing puts your children and your lives in danger.
Where I live the average median rent is almost $1500 - if you want to try and live in a place that's $800/month you're going to deal with shootings, mold, property manegemtn not fixing issues, regular break-ins, etc.

Shut yo bytch ass up goofy rapist sambo ass nikka
A couple getting evicted is better because at least they've got 2 incomes to recover with, ideally.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
From what I read she's on a contract, but didn't get re-upped. Those nurse and nurse assistant contracts are paying stupid bread right now. The fact she didn't get picked back up is :patrice: esp if they still had more slots for the next session.

nurses get bread, but the nurse assistants are not seeing crazy money like that. u think she was getting paid like $50/hr or some shyt?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
CNA and RN nurse contracts are paying WELL right now. My homie about to do another contract paying him 90 an hour in Charlotte as an RN. Did one in Christmas 2020 for 121 an hour straight time/181 OT in backwoods Texas for a month. Flew him out, per diem, hotel paid for and everything. You can EAT on contracts. That same contract was paying CNAs 93 an hour/139 OT

IMG-20220405-142817.jpg

She must not have secured another contract which I find "interesting" especially with the demand for them

these salaries are mind blowing, but when u factor in not receiving any benefits, retirement, PTO and sick time, then u quickly come back down to earth.

also, on this flyer, I dont' see anything about CNA's making $90 a n hour. those are respiratory therapist pulling down that $93/hr.

the barriers of entry to become a CNA is pretty low. it's like less than a year course to become one. they mostly take vitals.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
And if you get on eviction on your record you are fukked for the next 7 year unless you can pay that bytch off

I know from experience :francis:

You can still rent with one but prepared to go through hell in finding a place
She a single mom to a disabled son in Seattle shouldn't be hard for her to secure housing tbh

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Y'all don't seem to understand how high rent is in certain parts of the country. If you read the article, which I doubt many of you did, her new residence is 2k per month and it's a dump with numerous issues. That was the only place she could find that would let her lease. I hate this "living above your means" bullshyt. You sound like the white people you claim to hate. Does everyone belong in a cardboard box or something? This woman's life was ruined by this system of rental serfdom and instead of finding fault with the system you find fault with the victim. This woman was living a middle class life and now she's being thrust into poverty. When are you idiots going to realize that this could be you?
It’s the sick mindset too many Americans have that we need somebody to look down on. They won’t admit it, but they don’t think people like CNA’s or fast food workers deserve happiness. They feel millions of people should toll away miserably, just existing, serving others until they die:snoop:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
in my experience its likely she had amenities for her and her child - she was paying an absurd amount - but housing prices have gone up, particularly accessible housing in reasonable neighborhoods.

find her some affordable housing then nikka

fukk the landlord - you and that nikka can hang out in the ground somewhere - state law very rarely trumps lease agreements - since they're governed by contract law
no such thing as a state mandated grace period unless you're in NYC or LA

Thats nice and all.

So I looked it up and here’s some factual non emotional fake internet tough guy information:

Eviction Timeline | Tenants Union

She would have had multiple opportunities to cure this situation and not be evicted.

Landlords can still be bad people :therethere:
I’m not going to take that from you.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Yup. If you go by social media: black women are doing better than anyone else living in luxury while black men are bums. I see so many of these stupid back and forth daily it's sad
You see it. There has to be some deference paid to actual statistics and an understanding than what is presented, since what is presented is hard to sympathize with and makes it harder for any call to action to take place, among other issues. I don't see this problem being fixed because there are too many people who want to have their cake and eat it too: they want to live in a world where they're at the top and better than certain groups all the while they are, statistically and realistically, at the near or absolute bottom. They can't have it both ways.