‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
“After consistently paying her rent for years, her landlord denied her four extra days to pay her rent, and served her 60-day notice.”

That’s a direct quote from the article so it was likely 4 days after the contractual grace period.
giphy.gif

She applied for emergency rental assistance from King County. Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges – every penny she owed.
^^^^Thats a quote in the article too. So it clearly wasn't just 4 days unless thats new slang for 8 months. Thats how long she wasn't paying rent while they footed the bill. Article should be 8 month and 4 days.

Edit: The eviction process took 8mo. They started eviction after being 4 days late.

Last edited:

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't ever believe any of these bogus tenant/landlord sob stories off the headlines. She owned them $20,000 in back rent. Meaning she hadn't paid rent for 8mo. So no, it wasn't "just for days" late. She was almost a year behind. :camby:

...but she spending money on decorations?:dahell:

giphy.gif

^^^^Thats a quote in the article too. So it clearly wasn't just 4 days unless thats new slang for 8 months. Thats how long she wasn't paying rent while they footed the bill. Article should be 8 month and 4 days.

Are you illiterate or do you just hate black women that much?

Chambers hoped she might avoid eviction if she reached a settlement. Pandemic restrictions in Washington caused the eviction process to drag on for seven months.

She applied for emergency rental assistance from King County. Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges – every penny she owed.

It clearly states the eviction process went on for 7 months, that’s where the extra back rent comes from. She was only 1 month behind when the eviction process started.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

I wasn’t caping. I know it was something else to the story. That was a lot to read so I didn’t get to that.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Are you illiterate or do you just hate black women that much?

It clearly states the eviction process went on for 7 months, that’s where the extra back rent comes from. She was only 1 month behind when the eviction process started.
I missed that part in this jumbled article. Then yeah that sucks for her. :yeshrug:
I don't have an issue with acknowledging an error that I formed an opinion on. Its not illiteracy or "black woman hate". Its called being misinformed.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
She was paying $2500 a month over a 4 year period for a house that she would never own.
2500 x 4 yrs = $120,000.

Could've been paid off a good amount on townhouse/condo in many states with that kind of money.
:francis:

That's true for 90% of non-homeowners, the problem being how you gonna spend 4 years saving up that kind of money if you have to pay rent?

That's why the entire landlord/rental system is a bunch of bullshyt, people are literally penalized for not being rich while others are rewarded for having more money than they need for themselves.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of the comments in here are downright disgraceful and something that I would expect from racist cacs, not from a bunch of so called Black men. You all would be singing a different tune if this was your mother, sister or daughter in this same situation. :francis:

They can not see stuff like that and how that could easily be their mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, daughters, nieces or friends.

It is weird reading the comments, because it occurred to me that in order for these guys to be that bitter towards women then that means that these guys must have never gotten any play and crazier yet that means that they have never rejected a woman in their lives. I didn't even know that was possible until I read the bitterness in this thread. These guys must literally think that women are unobtainable. :mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Some of the comments in here are downright disgraceful and something that I would expect from racist cacs, not from a bunch of so called Black men. You all would be singing a different tune if this was your mother, sister or daughter in this same situation. :francis: