I Know What You Did Last Summer Reboot Adds Camila Mendes, Madelyn Cline (July 2025)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Reboot Adds Camila Mendes, Madelyn Cline To Cast
Justin Kroll
July 22, 2024 9:46AM PDT

The highly-anticipated I Know What You Did Last Summer reboot looks to have found its new leads as Camila Mendes, Madelyn Cline, Sarah Pidgeon, Tyriq Withers and Jonah Hauer-King are on board. Sources add Sony Pictures, who will distribute pic, is also in talks with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Freddie Prinze Jr. to reprise roles.

Jennifer Kaytin Robinson is directing the pic from a screenplay she co-wrote with Sam Lansky after an initial script from Leah McKendrick. Neal Moritz, one of the producers of the original, is producing the reboot.

The film will bow on July 18, 2025.

The original hit theaters on Oct. 17, 1997, grossing $72 million at the box-office. The cast included Hewitt, Prinze, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillippe in the story about four young friends who are stalked by a villain with a hook after they tried to cover up hitting him with their car. The film overperformed so well it received a sequel, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.

Cline is repped by CAA, Bold Talent Agency, Entertainment 360 and Hirsch Wallerstein while Mendes is repped by CAA and Luber Roklin Entertainment.

Pidgeon is repped by Gersh, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Austen, Withers is repped by CAA and Jackoway Austen. Hauer-King is repped by CAA, UK’s United Agents, and Jackoway Austen.

The Hollywood Reporter was first to break the news.

Didn't that show just fail? :mjlol: why would they think a reboot movie fare better?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the tv show didn't work and went completely under the radar

I'm all for making new slashers but damn create some new ones

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The movie business is in fact not dead.

im not a movie buff so i won't act like im well versed in that arena.

but as an outsider looking from the outside in, it seems like it is.

hollywood seems stuck on reboots more than ever.

i don't keep up with the independent movie scene at all, so im sure there's still plenty of life there but on the mainstream side of things, it just feel like so much of what is pushed is a rehash of the same old thing.

but what do i know, i guess nothing.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
wasn't exactly a focused watch, but I saw at least one episode of that remake around October 31 2021, and it was bad.

after an episode or maybe half, she was just like can we turn this off and I said for sure.

it wasn't even Scream the TV show level, it was significantly worse.