I gotta question about phones and "PREPAID" NVMO Service...

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Do you guys use any of those cheap services? I have a serious issue that's bugging me to the core, I don't know if it's android or this shyt service but I cannot...

1. I get too many spam calls and Caller ID doesn't work?

2. I get no voicemail notifications on my phone, nothing at all. I don't even have a voicemail application.

I have a Note 10 unlocked from samsung and this is bugging me. I use a carrier named Tello which is only 10 bucks a month for 1 gig talk text.

What service do you recommend? I was considering Redpocket for 200 for the year here.

360-Day Red Pocket Prepaid Plans: Unlimited Talk & Text + 5GB Data / Month $195 & More + Free S/H

But man, if this shyt can't get fixed I'm considering just getting a iphone 11 and moving on. I'm too old for these problems.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I don’t think it’s a service issue, I think it’s the 10 digit number pool the Carrier has available. All the low cost providers whether MVNO, Hosted VoIP/SIP, or etc always have numbers with hella spam. I know porting laws allow numbers to travel between carriers but I do think that there is a block of premium numbers the big dogs have and the spammy bullshyts are left for the low end.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I don’t think it’s a service issue, I think it’s the 10 digit number pool the Carrier has available. All the low cost providers whether MVNO, Hosted VoIP/SIP, or etc always have numbers with hella spam. I know porting laws allow numbers to travel between carriers but I do think that there is a block of premium numbers the big dogs have and the spammy bullshyts are left for the low end.

I'm thinking it's something along that line, it wasn't this bad when I was on a major carrier post paid plan but these prepaid fly by night companies damn near have me getting spam calls by the hour.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Was under metro for a while now I have family Mobile
My caller ID and voicemail work just fine
Put your number on the do not call registry

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m on mint and everything works fine

I got a new number when I started with them and haven’t had one spam call since :noah: