I got the series s so yall aint have to

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My friend wanted one n i got it to test before shippin it to him. Had a fair chance to compare with my series x. If anybody wants to know the diff i can tell you from a coli guy.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Settle for a mediocre console, brehs.
Why Tho?!?:dahell:

Did you not read that its for a friend? Its the very first sentence in the OP:gucci:They been busy n told me to keep lookout for restocks on the S. They sent me cash n said i could use it for a week before i ship it to em.

i use ps5 n Series X
@OnlyFrans what games have you played so far?
Should I get one just because?
Halo MCC n Gears 5.

so it holds its framerate well. I played it on my LG BX OLED(55 inch). Went back n forth between it n my series x to compare games. Halo MCC looks kinda bad on it with the resolution:francis: I instantly noticed the area around your weapon has this weird blur. You ever been tired n see these blurry floaties? Thats what it looks like. Also, when lookin at the score screen in match(when you press select button) i noticed movement distorted the text big time.

for static images in the menu(like the season unlocks) they look very rough n pixelated.

gears 5 seemed to be better optimized but the resolution hit is def noticeable.

i didnt notice a diff in the time it took to boot up games.

just like the Series X, it runs very quiet. Didnt hear any sound or fans kickin up crazy even after it was on for several hours.

runnin the S for a few hours, the vent on top feels hotter compared to the X. It aint burn your hand hot, prolly aint warm enough to cook the console, but def runs hotter. The rest of the console besides the vent felt cool to the touch however.

pics online dont do it justice, this thing is tiny. Its smaller than the original ps2. Way smaller than a ps3 slim.

overall, it ran well but i cant get over the resolution. Some parts of games just look rough, n i wonder how future releases will look. If you got a 1080p tv youll be fine. But if you got a 4k tv i think you’ll rather go with the Series X. That extra 200 is worth the better performance(plus over twice the ssd space. Series S usable storage is under 400gb while the X is a lil over 800gb).

I can see myself usin this as a travel console if i got one for myself, it runs solid n its small as hell so itd be easy to pack in a suitcase.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Did you not read that its for a friend? Its the very first sentence in the OP:gucci:They been busy n told me to keep lookout for restocks on the S. They sent me cash n said i could use it for a week before i ship it to em.

i use ps5 n Series X

Halo MCC n Gears 5.

so it holds its framerate well. I played it on my LG BX OLED(55 inch). Went back n forth between it n my series x to compare games. Halo MCC looks kinda bad on it with the resolution:francis: I instantly noticed the area around your weapon has this weird blur. You ever been tired n see these blurry floaties? Thats what it looks like. Also, when lookin at the score screen in match(when you press select button) i noticed movement distorted the text big time.

for static images in the menu(like the season unlocks) they look very rough n pixelated.

just like the Series X, it runs very quiet. Didnt hear any sound or fans kickin up crazy even after it was on for several hours.

runnin the S for a few hours, the vent on top feels hotter compared to the X. It aint burn your hand hot, prolly aint warm enough to cook the console, but def runs hotter. The rest of the console besides the vent felt cool to the touch however.

pics online dont do it justice, this thing is tiny. Its smaller than the original ps2. Way smaller than a ps3 slim.

overall, it ran well but i cant get over the resolution. Some parts of games just look rough, n i wonder how future releases will look. If you got a 1080p tv youll be fine. But if you got a 4k tv i think you’ll rather go with the Series X. That extra 200 is worth the better performance(plus over twice the ssd space. Series S usable storage is under 400gb while the X is a lil over 800gb).

I can see myself usin this as a travel console if i got one for myself, it runs solid n its small as hell so itd be easy to pack in a suitcase.
Agreed. Ur last part was me, I got it for travel. shyt has been so easy to carry around because of the side, and I play in a 1080p monitor for travel , so wasn’t a need for the series X for me.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

i use ps5 n Series X

Halo MCC n Gears 5.

Nice write up:salute:

I love my XSX but I've been tempted to grab an S as a secondary console for the office or for travel. I'm cool with the 1080p resolution as long it loads fast and runs fine:hubie: