I got my first check from my new job

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It was about $160.00 more than my old job, BUT, once benefits and 401K starts coming out, that shyt gonna be equal to my old gig

More work, same money? :childplease:

As soon as my old boss calls me, I'm outta here my niccas :pacspit:

Maryland > Pennsylvania

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
who takes a new job to get equal pay? that's hustlin backwards. when I switched jobs in march, my new check was like $500 more than the old gig :win:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Which gig has you doing more work though?

The new one :wtb:

So you awlready know I gotta bounce.

I hope my bauce hit me up, if he doesnt, it may be a gift, because either way, I'm getting outta the newspaper industry breh

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
The new one :wtb:

So you awlready know I gotta bounce.

I hope my bauce hit me up, if he doesnt, it may be a gift, because either way, I'm getting outta the newspaper industry breh

Ah, I hear ya. That shyt doesn't make sense. Where you trying to go when you leave the paper business? I was trying to get into that, but I swerve and started going into PR. Trying to :eat: off of this internship I just scored.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Well, you should have researched the benefits cost before you accepted the job. If you new the benefits cost more and would eat up most of new found raise, then that's on you.

However, if the benefits are BETTER, and the 401K is a better match, you might not be losing after all.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Well, you should have researched the benefits cost before you accepted the job. If you new the benefits cost more and would eat up most of new found raise, then that's on you.

However, if the benefits are BETTER, and the 401K is a better match, you might not be losing after all.

They're slightly better.

but even the vacation days are worse, we have furlough days :sad:

and its a better company, but i dont have fun writing anymore :manny:

I rather enjoy my job, coworkers and neighborhood than sacrifice for the sake of a resume :ehh:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Ah, I hear ya. That shyt doesn't make sense. Where you trying to go when you leave the paper business? I was trying to get into that, but I swerve and started going into PR. Trying to :eat: off of this internship I just scored.

PR, or some kind of web content writer/editor job.

Just writing, editing and managing a website could be cool :ehh:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
They're slightly better.

but even the vacation days are worse, we have furlough days :sad:

and its a better company, but i dont have fun writing anymore :manny:

I rather enjoy my job, coworkers and neighborhood than sacrifice for the sake of a resume :ehh:

So it doesn't sound like a win or a loss, just something different.

All the things you just described have nothing to do with your original post complaining about money, they have to do with happiness.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
So it doesn't sound like a win or a loss, just something different.

All the things you just described have nothing to do with your original post complaining about money, they have to do with happiness.

Yeah, grass isnt that much greener breh :manny:

I figure I go to my old gig, stack up, live stress free and go back to school and learn some computer shyt.....

I'm over journalism, brehs :manny: