I figured out why I don't finish games...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I've pondered this question many times over the years, and always came to a halfway conclusion. The full conclusion is :merchant: and it probably applies to a lot of you as well.

As a child I was an exceptionally talented gamer. I easily beat all the games people today claim where tough (tmnt1, battletoads,deadly towers, Golgo13) or beating Tyson's punch-out in under 2 days (I was like 8 Yrs old or something)

And with this ability, well, after a kid beats a game.. We would play thru the game again. Often Nintendo games would have a harder mode after you complete a title. Me being a "broke" kid, I remember taking my time so I wouldn't finish games too quickly. This practice began around the time the n64 arrived. Super Nintendo games looked great but was overall less challenging than NES titles. And that trend hasn't stopped, games are getting easier and easier.

As you become an adult, you have things like disposable income and can buy all the games you want unlike most kids. So you naturally will build a backlog. Today each system giving away free shyt, backlogs are a thing for most gamers.

But why am I not finishing games tho, especially if they are easier today? Well, it just dawned on me that I still tend to put games down when I feel like I'm about to complete it because I don't wanna have nothing to play afterwards. The same mentality I had as an 8yr old kid :wtf: Tomb Raider reboot, I made it to the end of the game in 2/3 days on Xbox 360, stopped playing it for the EXACT same reason :wow:

And I think I like games without the commitment because I feel guilty every time I don't finish a title :jbhmm:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nikka said he easily beat ninja turtles :martin: nikka stop lying
I swear that game wasn't even remotely challenging to me :yeshrug: I mean, I know you had to be on your shyt but I came up playing kid Icurus, Metroid, ninja Gaiden 1-3. Twitch type of gaming that prepared me for the tmmt's and battletoads. I beat Bayou Billy, was the first comic book I read because of the gaming affiliation. The game had real voice in it too :wow: that's another hard title.

On a side note, I recently tried playing Cobra Triangle and RC pro am. I don't understand how those games were ever playable? Gamers ain't built like that anymore :francis:
nikka what?
nikka who, recognize bytch C to the D

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

It happens. I'm in my mid 30s and I still game but nowhere near at the level I did in my 20s. It takes me a month to beat a game it would take me a week or 2 to beat when i was younger.