I feel like the George Floyd protests never happened

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
absolutely nothing changed and there was zero progress. People were talking about these protests were an inflection point in American history. That energy was quickly deflected to a bunch of bullshyt like black trans lives, protect black women, black people are anti Semitic, black people are homophobic.

If protests and riots around the country can no longer move the needle i don't even know how black people are going to move forward in this country. There is no longer a true black consciousness about uplifting black people, we have been poisoned by all these dumb ass ideologies by idiotic academics who aren't even from the soil.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The problem, as I see it, is that any and everyone can be considered 'Black' these days, therefore the term doesn't mean anything unique anymore.

That's why there is no longer a 'Black consciousness' (unlike the 70's/80's) and no one really cares about 'Black Lives' since no one knows WTF it means.​

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
What was supposed to happen? You did your research and nothing has changed for anyone since those riots? No new laws have been enacted? No types of police reform have started in those areas where cops are most problematic?

Daps
There was progress. Aunt Jemima is off the syrup bottle :troll:

75aca441b48d461e8a65aadd4d82b9fa_xl.jpg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's because people went into it expecting too little. The pressure let off when people changed their profile pictures to some black squares, threw out some non committal talk about "listening" and "standing with" black people.

There are people that are really cool with them getting Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima out of here being what we got out of this.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Don't want to link a bunch of articles, but Google, "since George Floyd", quite a few articles come up about changes since the protests.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once that Will and Jada entanglement became public I forgot about the protest :troll:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
He's just bytching just to bytch

he'll be back to envying white people like most of TLR

He's one of those people that would look at the Montgomery Bus Boycott and it's success and be shocked that Jim Crow is still effecting people.

What was supposed to happen? You did your research and nothing has changed for anyone since those riots? No new laws have been enacted? No types of police reform have started in those areas where cops are most problematic?