I feel like folks don't really talk about how the Roots are some of the most shytted on cats in hip-hop ever

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • Nas said they were full of shyt for being in the movie Bamboozled (in that Nore What What documentary that never fully came out he's clearly dissing their whole style when he starts going in on backpackers too). Think Nas also assumed Questlove was delivering food the first time he saw him
  • Biggie called them out on the Source for the "What They Do" video
  • Pimp C took a wet shyt on them for the same video
  • Gillie said he fukked their bytch back in the day cause he was left off their festival lineup then told Black Thought he doesn't need them for shyt ever
  • Then there's the fact Questlove thought he was going on a date with Rosario Dawson when she just wanted free dinner
Bottom line they're really not respected like that

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My bills through the roof;
Can’t do numbers like the Roots

mqdefault.jpg

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
  • Nas said they were full of shyt for being in the movie Bamboozled (in that Nore What What documentary that never fully came out he's clearly dissing their whole style when he starts going in on backpackers too). Think Nas also assumed Questlove was delivering food the first time he saw him
  • Biggie called them out on the Source for the "What They Do" video
  • Pimp C took a wet shyt on them for the same video
  • Gillie said he fukked their bytch back in the day cause he was left off their festival lineup then told Black Thought he doesn't need them for shyt ever
  • Then there's the fact Questlove thought he was going on a date with Rosario Dawson when she just wanted free dinner
Bottom line they're really not respected like that
This is a straight up lie. Thought he did called them sambo porch monkies(their charactrs form bamboozeled) This is not why Nas dissed them. The reason Nas dissed them is because they made the "never do what they do" video back in '96 going at the flashy rappers, then Black Thought gave an interview in the Source during 2000 shytting on commercial rappers (notably Jay Z. And I still have the issue). Then not only does the roots play back up to Jay Z for the unplugged album, but during the verses when he dissed Prodigy and Nas, they played their beats. They played NY State of Mind and Oochie Wallie.. That was Nas' beef with them. They chose sides first. Even if they would have played Jay's tracks while backing Nas, I'd think it was some sucka shyt.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Then Black Thought is a liar cause that's what he said it was about.
Well he definitely is. I'd tell him to his face because everyone in 2001 knew what that shyt was about. It was about the Roots dissing Jay z in 96 and 2000, then when he called them to be the band for his MTV performance, they not only did it, but helped them diss Nas and Prodigy. It's really that simple. I swear these celebrities think 100% of their audience remembers nothing past the year of 2010