I Experienced Low-key Racism, brehs...

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So im originally from Watts but I live in Toronto, Canada for work (got a hook up at a company by a friend) and i've been living hear for the past 2 years. It's a really good city (but the women ain't like the ones in LA :wow:)

Ok so I went to Pacific Mall (some mall that's dominated by Asian shops and they sell boot-leg movies for cheap price, at least they use to and a bunch of other shyt). So I find this store (don't know the name) where they sell plain shirts for $2.99 each. So I walk in and some Asian bytch walks up to me and says;
Asian bytch: "Do you want Basketball clothing? Shoes?"
Me: "Naw I want some plain shirts"
Asian bytch: "Jordan's for $100, Kobi Biant jersey for $110.."
Me: "Hold up I only want so plain shirts :damn:. But let me take a second look at that Kobe Bryant jersey :patrice:" (it was fake as fukk)

Ok fast forward....I found three good plain and the price total is $9 something and im looking at the cashier lady like ":obama:". Im medium built and not skinny so I got like xxl shirts (I couldn't try on the shirts so I got bigger shirt just in case) and this is where the low-key racism begins (I did before but it continues through a different lady)....

Cashier Lady (Asian btw): "Ahhh xxxl shirts are like medium size to you guys"
Me: "Wtf you mean by 'you guys' :what:"
Cashier Lady: "You Black beoble like to wear baggy clothing and I see you beoble wearing larger clothing all the time"
Me: :stopitslime:
Cashier Lady: "Im right I see dis all the...." (I cut that bytch)
Me: "You know what im not feeling your price (:troll:) and your attitude imma buy my shyt somewhere else"

What you nikkas think? Was I to sensitive or was that shyt low-key racism? Add to the fact some other Asian lady instantly thinks I want basketball clothing...

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So im originally from Watts but I live in Toronto, Canada for work (got a hook up at a company by a friend) and i've been living hear for the past 2 years. It's a really good city (but the women ain't like the ones in LA :wow:)

Ok so I went to Pacific Mall (some mall that's dominated by Asian shops and they sell boot-leg movies for cheap price, at least they use to and a bunch of other shyt). So I find this store (don't know the name) where they sell plain shirts for $2.99 each. So I walk in and some Asian bytch walks up to me and says;
Me: "Hold up I only want so plain shirts :damn:. But let me take a second look at that Kobe Bryant jersey :patrice:" (it was fake as fukk)

Ok fast forward....I found three good plain and the price total is $9 something and im looking at the cashier lady like ":obama:". Im medium built and not skinny so I got like xxl shirts (I couldn't try on the shirts so I got bigger shirt just in case) and this is where the low-key racism begins (I did before but it continues through a different lady)....

Cashier Lady: "You Black beoble like to wear baggy clothing and I see you beoble wearing larger clothing all the time"
Me: "You know what im not feeling your price (:troll:) and your attitude imma buy my shyt somewhere else"

What you nikkas think? Was I to sensitive or was that shyt low-key racism? Add to the fact some other Asian lady instantly thinks I want basketball clothing...

She sounds like a FOB and hasn't assimilated to the political correctness we all love:mjpls::mjpls:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
it's pacific mall. if you're not chinese and you're buying something, you're bound to experience those moments. 99% of those people did not see a non-chinese person until they immigrated here and they still think in stereotypes. not an uncommon thing.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it's pacific mall. if you're not chinese and you're buying something, you're bound to experience those moments. 99% of those people did not see a non-chinese person until they immigrated here and they still think in stereotypes. not an uncommon thing.
Lol that's true most of these people are fresh outta the boat.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Sounds like a foreigner that doesnt know how sensitive Americans are to reality, friend.

I dont think she was racist or bigoted but more stereotyping you based on what she observed in her store and or on television. Its not even luke warm on my demonic scale.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A little too sensitive if u ask me. I didn't see any malice in what she was saying, maybe just ignorance.
Honestly, I was going to buy the shirts because of the price but her smug look and her comments just pissed me off.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sounds like a foreigner that doesnt know how sensitive Americans are to reality, friend.
They lady was a foreigner and shyt but im not sure how long she was in the country. Add to the fact her English was broken up but still understandable.

Blacsmiff

Pro
Daps
Reppin
California
You overreacted my man. They weren't intentionally insulting you, they were just FOBs oblivious to the western social code. Next time relax and embrace the comedy in awkward situations.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They lady was a foreigner and shyt but im not sure how long she was in the country. Add to the fact her English was broken up but still understandable.

pretty sure she didn't mean any harm by it, she's culturally ignorant and probably just wanted to make conversation. you ever been to pacific mall during the day? it's empty as fukk until 5 or 6. i'm sure these sales people make like $40 in sales a day and are bored as fukk.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
pretty sure she didn't mean any harm by it, she's culturally ignorant and probably just wanted to make conversation. you ever been to pacific mall during the day? it's empty as fukk until 5 or 6. i'm sure these sales people make like $40 in sales a day and are bored as fukk.
I only been there a couple of times to buy some movies and it was full of people (evening). I went early today and it was kinda empty.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
She was clowning a little bit friend but it seemed a little playful. She didnt know you like that so she probably should have just been grateful for the business. Perhaps she wanted a playful response. From experience they can be a little bold with their words because they dont have the barriers on their words that we have in America because there are hardly any black people where they come from.

I think racism is when someone uses their power to keep you in a certain place in life or prevent you from doing something because of your skin. In this case id say it was more prejudiced because she pre judged you based on your skin and purchases. I didnt feel the demonic intent in that exchange.