I don't like giving my social security to number during phone job interviews. Am I being paranoid?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems recently that a lot of jobs like to do per interview and be talking about background checks and be wanting the ssn, and I'm always reluctant to give it. Even if it sound legit, I cjust can't bear myself to provide that type of info. I always say I'd rather proved it in person after hearing more about the company to verify if its legit or not.

Has anybody given theirs over the phone and had a positive experience. It's just so many con artists it here I can't do t but I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on good opportunities. I was told at a job workshop to never give ur ssn and drivers license number over the phone

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
1250.gif

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
It seems recently that a lot of jobs like to do per interview and be talking about background checks and be wanting the ssn, and I'm always reluctant to give it. Even if it sound legit, I cjust can't bear myself to provide that type of info. I always say I'd rather proved it in person after hearing more about the company to verify if its legit or not.

Has anybody given theirs over the phone and had a positive experience. It's just so many con artists it here I can't do t but I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on good opportunities. I was told at a job workshop to never give ur ssn and drivers license number over the phone
You are being paranoid from someone in management, all of those numbers usually dont get entered into the system unless you are hired, and phone interviews are usually done when they are thoroughly impressed with your resume and credentials, being shaky regarding giving over your numbers is a red flag all around.

As far as background checks they mention that shyt to scare nikkas, to see if you are going to stutter or even worse snitching and telling your passed history, 9/10 times they dont even bother and the other 10% they only pull and pay for checks when necessary for state audit purposes. Most companies wont even waste the 30$ or so dollars, and they damn sure wont do one if they aren't even sure they are gonna hire you, if they did that with every applicant imagine how that money stacks up. Scam artist lie all the time about their background and resume and such and is able to work for years at jobs raking in hundreds of thousands, by the time they find they may not even care because you already proved your work ethic.......................

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
You're not being paranoid. Social security # can be used against you, so it's only proper you want to make sure that you give it to the right source (face to face).

Daps
loooooooooooool don't give it over the phone, especially if it's an interview. Give it only when you get the job.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are being paranoid from someone in management, all of those numbers usually dont get entered into the system unless you are hired, and phone interviews are usually done when they are thoroughly impressed with your resume and credentials, being shaky regarding giving over your numbers is a red flag all around.

As far as background checks they mention that shyt to scare nikkas, to see if you are going to stutter or even worse snitching and telling your passed history, 9/10 times they dont even bother and the other 10% they only pull and pay for checks when necessary for state audit purposes. Most companies wont even waste the 30$ or so dollars, and they damn sure wont do one if they aren't even sure they are gonna hire you, if they did that with every applicant imagine how that money stacks up. Scam artist lie all the time about their background and resume and such and is able to work for years at jobs raking in hundreds of thousands, by the time they find they may not even care because you already proved your work ethic.......................
So i'm giving u my number just to be lying around. Thanx,, you just made me even more hesisitant to even do somethin like this.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What type of jobs are you applying to where you think your SSN will just be lying around?

Tipsy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In order to do a background check, they are supposed to have you sign an authorization form. You would then provide your ssn on the form.