I don't blame the media for not promoting black beauty

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Attractive black women make white women realize exactly how little they hold up and that their status as the "ideal beauty" is fabricated. :pachaha:

#blackexcellence

Sisters, realize that your beauty isn't promoted (Like it should) because your very existence makes CACs subconsciously question themselves. :manny:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
not to mention it ain't only black beauty left out.. the media we receive is manned by Caucasians so that's what we get.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Attractive black women make white women realize exactly how little they hold up and that their status as the "ideal beauty" is fabricated. :pachaha:

#blackexcellence

Sisters, realize that your beauty isn't promoted (Like it should) because your very existence makes CACs subconsciously question themselves. :manny:
Real talk. They market cosmetics and beauty products for women of color, don't get me wrong, but they fixate on white women so vehemently because they know that a huge portion of them age terribly. They're the ones most fixated on youth and beauty because they know that theirs is the most fleeting of all.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I used to think the same way until I realized how important it is to have someone that resembles you in platforms like media. My daughter copies every damn thing I do, which is something I wasn't really conscious of until my husband brought it to my attention. She sees me, someone who looks like her, and she just feels so happy about that. I caught her a couple days ago in my closet just wearing all my shoes and trying on my clothes (luckily I don't wear makeup which is a blessing for both us of us, she would've messed mine up and she probably won't wear any when she's older). She saw my tattoos and scribbled drawings on herself lol. Her dad/my husband bought her a doll that looks like her, she's not allowed to watch TV but the books I get her have pictures of people who look like her. So yeah it's important. I don't think we should minimize it to us just looking better than white women, we're a threat to white supremacy by our very existence, but we do need to see ourselves in the world surrounding us and that's becoming incredibly difficult as the world becomes more media centric.