I bought some life plants for my fishtank right

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
And 2 weeks later there is a black/brown dotted snail in my fish tank :dwillhuh:

Logic tells me it was in the plant the whole time:leostare:

but 3 days ago I see another baby snail :krs:

I can't find any answers online and I know their was a fish tank thread not too long ago...

has anyone experienced this? how fast do these things grow? I don't mind keeping 2-3 in my tank but I'm visualizing waking up with 100 snails in my fish tank :mindblown:

Side question also I went outside after the rain to look for some abstract shaped rocks to form a cavern for my tank since I rather have real shyt in my tank than that plastic toy bullshyt..anywho...would that be a health issue? I boiled the rocks down and scrubbed off all the dirt and rinsed it in warm water like 5-6 times..shyts drying now...Imma give it a go....I also put some live bamboo in my tank and kept the leaves poking out...

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
post a video of your fish tank, watchin that shyt is cool

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I can't now because I have the lights off and I'm pretty sure my black mollies are sleep since they are suspended...I'll try soon though

I need to cop one more female molly because the males be fighting for my one female and I think she trickin' em

shyt is hilarious yo...they erect their top fin around her trying to show off

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
And 2 weeks later there is a black/brown dotted snail in my fish tank :dwillhuh:

Logic tells me it was in the plant the whole time:leostare:

but 3 days ago I see another baby snail :krs:

I can't find any answers online and I know their was a fish tank thread not too long ago...

has anyone experienced this? how fast do these things grow? I don't mind keeping 2-3 in my tank but I'm visualizing waking up with 100 snails in my fish tank :mindblown:

Side question also I went outside after the rain to look for some abstract shaped rocks to form a cavern for my tank since I rather have real shyt in my tank than that plastic toy bullshyt..anywho...would that be a health issue? I boiled the rocks down and scrubbed off all the dirt and rinsed it in warm water like 5-6 times..shyts drying now...Imma give it a go....I also put some live bamboo in my tank and kept the leaves poking out...

This happened to me before. I bought a snail to help eat the algea in the tank, and after a few days i saw a bunch of baby snails in that mf :ohmy:

It bugged me out so i researched it..and i think it said snails are both male and female or somethin like that but i cant remember..sh!t was mindblowing

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
They reproduce without a mate. It's gonna suck because they'll be everywhere. When it happened to me, I bought 2 clown loaches. They eat the snails. I think oscars eat em too.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
This happened to me before. I bought a snail to help eat the algea in the tank, and after a few days i saw a bunch of baby snails in that mf :ohmy:

I know this shyt is going to happen in the future..what I've done was reduce how much I feed them to produce less algae and I try to keep the ph level and overall water quality alkaline (specially for the black mollies) but snails eat algae and I havne't seen him eat off the plant yet..so if I maintain my fishes diet I can maintain the snails diet....which I HOPE will cause it to not start poppin out fukin eggs everywhere since its a damn herm.

they said if worst come to worse put a piece of lettuce in the tank

I did that shyt and them fukkers too damn smart they didn't even touch it

:aicmon: *lettuce*

:youngsabo:

*moves it closer*

:mjpls:

*me* :ld:

snails :ufdup:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know this shyt is going to happen in the future..what I've done was reduce how much I feed them to produce less algae and I try to keep the ph level and overall water quality alkaline (specially for the black mollies) but snails eat algae and I havne't seen him eat off the plant yet..so if I maintain my fishes diet I can maintain the snails diet....which I HOPE will cause it to not start poppin out fukin eggs everywhere since its a damn herm.

they said if worst come to worse put a piece of lettuce in the tank

I did that shyt and them fukkers too damn smart they didn't even touch it

:aicmon: *lettuce*

:youngsabo:

*moves it closer*

:mjpls:

*me* :ld:

snails :ufdup:

I've been wanting to get me a tank for a while now :noah:

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snails will takeover bru depends on wat kinda fish u got they can eat them ... I had them they ate every plant in my tank if u leave them no food they will die out

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when i was a kid my homeboy would buy goldfish at the pet store and feed them to his oscar and we would watch that savage shyt

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
same thing happened to me, problem is i ended up with hundreds of fresh water snails in my tank. they will eat everything in sight and keep your shyt algae free. i have two red ear slider turtles that i toss in the aquarium to eat the snails when it's too many.

trust me, by summer, once the waters nice and warm. you'll end up with hundreds of snails

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
same thing happened to me, problem is i ended up with hundreds of fresh water snails in my tank. they will eat everything in sight and keep your shyt algae free. i have two red ear slider turtles that i toss in the aquarium to eat the snails when it's too many.

trust me, by summer, once the waters nice and warm. you'll end up with hundreds of snails

:huhldup: I know what must be done :ld:

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Do you normally keep your sliders elsewhere ? How big are they now?

Raph

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was something so soothing about reading this thread. Thank you.