I actually think it’s better than Sony Shadow dropped the pre-orders.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whether they did it intentionally or not.

Look at the shyt show that was caused by the walmart drop tonight that everyone was camping out for. If we had been told that they were all dropping today at 7 we would have all gotten screwed by the scalpers setting up bots. This gave all us non re-sellers a chance at getting one since no one knew where and when more were dropping. I guarantee if they did a timed release half of us here wouldn’t have gotten one.

You’ll see once M$ does their release next Tuesday.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Look at the shyt show that was caused by the walmart drop tonight that everyone was camping out for. If we had been told that they were all dropping today at 7 we would have all gotten screwed by the scalpers setting up bots. This gave all us non re-sellers a chance at getting one since no one knew where and when more were dropping. I guarantee if they did a timed release half of us here wouldn’t have gotten one.

:patrice:

:ehh:

The bot shyt is outta control though. That's ridiculous what they did on the Nvidia cards.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:patrice:

:ehh:

The bot shyt is outta control though. That's ridiculous what they did on the Nvidia cards.

isnt there a way to block these bots online from swarming the websites... I mean clearly they can tell who's IP is real & which one is manufactured right???:jbhmm: I always thought of that shyt like how can you not see shyt is fake???

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
isnt there a way to block these bots online from swarming the websites... I mean clearly they can tell who's IP is real & which one is manufactured right???:jbhmm: I always thought of that shyt like how can you not see shyt is fake???

9Icn.gif

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
it's true. putting a date and time to a pre-order is just asking for bots. its why ticketmaster never worked (ignoring artists (and their management) scalping their own tickets) and why every console launch since the PS2 has always been like this.

What I would like to see the next time around is coordination from the console manufacturer to the retailers. Allot the amounts per region that you're going to do on a quarter per quarter basis. Be able to match those numbers on a manufacturing side. THEN, as the manufacturer (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, GPU manufacturers) you take requests from potential consumers and it becomes a lottery for like the first year of sales. You as the manufacturer select 10,000 people to buy a console and then those 10,000 are seeded across the allotment for each retailer. So there is always going to be a sell through no matter what. Do that for a year or however long it takes for the manufacturing side to be able to match the demand and then kill it because by then your product will be able to stay on store shelves that anyone could potentially walk in and just buy without the fuss.

You cant tell me all this money and all these people that work for these massive corporations can't put the pieces together to put a program out there that allows the people who genuinely want the product to be able to get it in their hands and prevent what happens every time a hyped product is launched and its not a perfect system people will always be able to game the system no matter what but at least its something. More than just pigs at the trough.

That's a pie in the sky dream obviously in this shyt stain of a year, but goddamn these mega corps gotta be able to have some brain cells left to put together a better plan than what we got.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you make them check the box that says "I am not a robot", and then click on all the images with fire hydrants

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Lay off the ReviewTechUSA talking points man.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Only Amazon would be the move for timed releases. I'm sure their servers are far superior than others.