Hunnid-P Again Claims No Compensation from SA2 Contributions

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
:patrice: Found this article from a week or so ago when I was lookin up breh who did the SA 2 OST, if its true then thats pretty fukked up :mjtf:

Hunnid-P Again Claims No Compensation from SA2 Contributions

Hunnid-P, the stage name for Emmanuel Armoogam, is short for Hunnid Pacent, or one hundred percent. But the artist behind six songs in Sonic Adventure 2 again alleged on Thursday Sega gave him zero percent–zero money, zero royalties, zero anything–for his contributions to the hallmark 3D Sonic title.

Hunnid-P, who has endured some trouble in his post-SA2 life, had his vocals recently re-used in the 2019 remix of A Ghost’s Pumpkin Soup that was released by Sega of Japan. The artist is not credited on that remix, with credit instead to “Original Music Taken From “Sonic Adventure 2” (2001).”

To be fair Hunnid-P has conceded a past disclosure of his was meant as little more than an attention grabber. In 2012, he alleged he was working on a new Sonic project, only to walk back on that claim in a 2016 interview with Find the Computer Room–where he also alleged he was never paid by Sega for his contributions. He has, independent of Sega, released new music in the spirit of recent releases Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania. He has also engaged in a couple community collaborations.

We will monitor any official response we see from Sega, and we’re working to learn more information independently. Thanks to @Alex_Hedgefox2 who tipped us on Twitter.

:manny: shyt like this seems to happen from time to time in the game industry. Look at what Rockstar did to Yung Maylay after GTA SA dropped. :francis:

People need to start talking about this fukkery more :yeshrug:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
This nikka still talking about SA2? It’s totally his Al Bundy/Polk High touchdown story. One thing that was suspect to me is his Sonic bars were on point but his other tracks were straight ass. Makes me thinking he may of had some support when working with Sega.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
This nikka still talking about SA2? It’s totally his Al Bundy/Polk High touchdown story. One thing that was suspect to me is his Sonic bars were on point but his other tracks were straight ass. Makes me thinking he may of had some support when working with Sega.
:manny:

His flow kinda :francis: but ima let you decide for yourself

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:manny:

His flow kinda :francis: but ima let you decide for yourself

Now compare that to this:

His Sonic Adventure 2 shyt is light years better not just production wise but lyrically. His lyrics are so cohesive and this is personal shyt is wack as shyt and all over the place.