Hulu live tv

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Can you cast live tv from Hulu to an appletv or chrome cast?

My situation is, I’m on the road a lot and Hulu tracks your location and logins on everything but mobile devices.

Hulu only allows 3 or 4 location changes per year before you’re locked and that doesn’t work for me.

Is casting a viable option or should I keep YouTube tv as my provider.

Edit for clarity

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you cast live tv from Hulu to an appletv or chrome cast?

My situation is, I’m on the road a lot and Hulu tracks your location and logins on everything but mobile devices.

Hulu only allows 3 or 4 location changes per year before you’re locked and that doesn’t work for me.

Is casting a viable option or should I switch providers?

Nah. Casting just displays the video on another screen. Hulu still needs to get your location when you start steaming, even on mobile devices, I believe.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
You lost when you use Hulu live. That whole streaming sucks

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Location fukkery aside, I like Hulu with Live TV. It having ESPN Plus and Disney Plus bundled in is convenient, the channel lineup is on a pretty good place right now, and the only channel I'm missing for sports is Bally Sports Arizona.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I currently use Youtube TV. I was hoping to consolidate as many streaming services as I could.
Why do you have both live services? Seems completely unnecessary. I get Hulu's ad tier version for free with my cell provider, that's why I have it.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do you have both live services? Seems completely unnecessary. I get Hulu's ad tier version for free with my cell provider, that's why I have it.
I don't. I'm asking if Hulu with live tv will allow me to switch from youtube tv. The only reason I don't have Hulu with live tv right now is because of the 30-day check-in requirement. I was hoping casting or a VPN would allow me to work around the problem. Apparently, the only solution to the problem is to stick with youtube tv. No biggie.