How yall black dudes survive at these mostly white colleges?

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Nothing is worse than when you're in sociology class and they go to reading off some of these statistics about black folks and cacs are low key looking back at you like :mjpls:

I just hit em with a simple :manny:

Dont get me started on how weird class was when obama first got elected :snoop:

I remember our professor told people to list common racial stereotypes. One person said Chinese ppl know karate, another said Jamaicans smoke weed, maaaaaaaaan you know this one cac chick said that black ppl cant read and have AIDS :why:

I damn near choked on my muffin brehs :what:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I really find it amazing you all had it so hard.

Then again, ya'll didn't grow up in diverse settings in the first place. Thats part of the problem.

Self-segregation doesn't help you adjust in the real world.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im amazed you could get 18+ years without being a social setting with white people
its more common than you think especially if you live in a big city upnorth( contrary to popular belief, cities down south arent as segregated.)

I have family who went to nothing but all black schools most/almost all their lives and their only interaction with white folks were teachers, police, and maybe some people who worked in a store.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
There isn't even a small group of black people at your school? No Black greek orgs?

Exactly.

Nearly every large, major Div. 1 PWI has it's own "HBCU" within it.

No way you can NOT link up with other black folks at those types of schools. Usually a loose, informal network of black folks exist and most of the black folks know each other through a few degrees of separation. They will practically seek you out.

First week, everybody's out, all the activities going on...the dining halls are packed, and black students will literally beckon you to their tables.

Ain't no way man... :ufdup:

Now if you go to an Ivy league institution or a small private college, then I get where you're coming from.

I hope you get on track, tho, and the experience gets better for you. This should be the best time of your life.

On another note, Y'all antisocial niccas better branch out and make those connections from a diversity of sources. And trust, diversifying contacts is needed.

Going to a PWI is an excellent chance to do that.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats actually one positive about going to a PWI b/c if you're black you're gonna either know most of other black students or you probably are only a few degrees separated from the others so its somewhat close knit to an extent but then you also have to deal with the nosy MFers and sometimes you'll have some drama.

At an HBCU its 90 percent black people so its like :ehh::yeshrug:.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Well I'm at UIUC in the art program, so I mostly see asians (more specifically chinese) and they cool peoples, I don't really talk to the white students tho. Nothing against them, I just don't have much in common with them.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Ok i just transferred from a hbcu and im at most white college right now, and the atmosphere is just trash, i like the classes tho, and im learning alot, and im having no problems in that area, but its like i feel mad out of place daily walking around that school, its not like they give off a racist vibe or nothin like that, it just like i dont fit in at all, im not really attracted to none of the chicks, dont get me wrong they have alot of pretty blacks chicks that go there, but its like they white washed and they personality turns me off on a major level

i had this one black chick tell me she had to transfer from one other college(one that im probably gon transfer to after this year) cause they had to many black people there, only dudes im cool wit is the nikkaz on the bball team, cause most of them not lame ass nikkaz, they just there on scholarship

now dont get me wrong i got at a couple bytches and just cause they white wash dont mean i wont fukk em, but i just cant fukk wit them on no other level

all in all it different, i felt i wanted a lil change, but idk brahs this shyt wack, i need to be around more black people
why dont you transfer to a hbcu?

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Breh if you dont know how / dont want to know how to act around white folks, stick to selling rocks/rappin/black dominated sports.
lol so that's what it comes down to as to why you should be thousands of dollars of debt paying for school?
"knowing how to act around white people"

it ain't rocket science how to conduct yourself around certain people and in certain situations though....

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta learn how to adjust and work in that type of world while keeping your sanity. It's made me so successful at work that I got used to dealing with this shyt on a daily basis. :manny:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
thats actually one positive about going to a PWI b/c if you're black you're gonna either know most of other black students or you probably are only a few degrees separated from the others so its somewhat close knit to an extent but then you also have to deal with the nosy MFers and sometimes you'll have some drama.

At an HBCU its 90 percent black people so its like :ehh::yeshrug:.

Now we both know it's just as much drama, if not considerably more drama among students at HBCUs.

If you're going to a PWI, D1 Univerisity it's likely to be 25,000 to 30,000+ enrolled.

The black student enrollment at those schools could be anywhere from 1,500 to 3,000.

The average HBCU's enrollment is equal to or even less than that!

Much higher risk of getting folks in your biz at HBCU's, especially if you lead a student lifestyle where you're always out on the scene and fukkin' with a lotta different chicks. It's nothing. You gotta expect it.

At large PWI's, niccas have to get away from each other at some point. You can become invisible for a minute on campus and go off the grid for a few days...while on campus! Pop back up at the end of the week, and niccas, like, "Where you been?!"

Try that at an HBCU while staying on campus...niccas will know your location and next move before you do.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bruh...i graduated from a HBCU...and while i loved it there...its not an accurate representation of the world youre gonna live in...i went to Grambling and i didnt have a car so i literally went months without seeing a white person that wasnt on tv...lol

its cool being around people that look like you and share interests...the reality is you'll be better prepared for the 'real world' and dealing/relating with other races where you are now...

get used to it...becuz you'll never be around black people like that again outside of the HBCU atmosphere

damn. even the school I go to has white people and asians/indians here and there. most of em live off campus though,

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I went to an all black high school and go to a PWI now.

SN: Try being the only black person in the philosophy class when they start talking about race. i go to an SEC School so whennthe topic was slavery my freshman year the ignorance was amazing. most of the whites are from smaller towns so i guess thats expected.

I guess here its different because out of like the 15% of the black students here about 70%of us are from the same city.

Anyway....I can see how it's hard on you because you seem to go to a small school anyway so it wouldn't have really been all that colorful to begin with. My advice is dont necessarily try to assimilate but don't just isolate yourself either.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
How are u going to survive in the real world when u finish college and surrounded by white people

STOP THINKING LIKE A nikka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fukkING GEECHIE

Adolph+Caesar+A+soldier%2527s+story.jpg