How yall black dudes survive at these mostly white colleges?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Ok i just transferred from a hbcu and im at most white college right now, and the atmosphere is just trash, i like the classes tho, and im learning alot, and im having no problems in that area, but its like i feel mad out of place daily walking around that school, its not like they give off a racist vibe or nothin like that, it just like i dont fit in at all, im not really attracted to none of the chicks, dont get me wrong they have alot of pretty blacks chicks that go there, but its like they white washed and they personality turns me off on a major level

i had this one black chick tell me she had to transfer from one other college(one that im probably gon transfer to after this year) cause they had to many black people there, only dudes im cool wit is the nikkaz on the bball team, cause most of them not lame ass nikkaz, they just there on scholarship

now dont get me wrong i got at a couple bytches and just cause they white wash dont mean i wont fukk em, but i just cant fukk wit them on no other level

all in all it different, i felt i wanted a lil change, but idk brahs this shyt wack, i need to be around more black people

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Damn, it's hard to really give advice not knowing your past experience and everything.

Did you go to a mostly black high-school? Do you have experience with whites before this?

Are you open to different forms of culture that you may not have tried in the past? You listen to any "white music"? How would you react if someone offered you a piece of Sushi?

That feeling of "not openly racist..but I know I am different" is a MUTHA fukkA. I definitely feel you on that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:ohhh: go to white schools bra, i hate this shyt, idk how yall suburban nikkaz do it, but u probably would be classified as one of them white wash nikkaz i be seeing round there :yeshrug:

im white wash because I don't talk in slang and value getting a good education :heh:

Most poeple go to school to gasp get a education and learn, not to hang out

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Damn, it's hard to really give advice not knowing your past experience and everything.

Did you go to a mostly black high-school? Do you have experience with whites before this?

Are you open to different forms of culture that you may not have tried in the past? You listen to any "white music"? How would you react if someone offered you a piece of Sushi?

That feeling of "not openly racist..but I know I am different" is a MUTHA fukkA. I definitely feel you on that.

i grew up in the hood, no white people or any other race in elementary, same in middle school, woulda been the same in high school, but hurricane katrina happed, but the school i went to was 99%black and the white people stayed off into the corner, college was a hbcu

outside of work i dont really have any contact wit white people

i dont listen to any white music, or really know to much about non black cultures, i tired sushi before with ex, nothin i want again tho

its like im just walking around outta place bra, shyt is ill bra :wow:

but ima just work my ass off this year and just do me, some of the bytches be :ohhh: but when they talk i be :stopitslime: its like they totally opposite, they never been around black people :wow:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
im white wash because I don't talk in slang and value getting a good education :heh:

people go to college for all type of different reason, and like i said the classes im doin great in, im a computer science major, and im pretty good wit math and computers so im not have a problem, but at the end of the day the environment matters imo :yeshrug: if im paying money to go here and taking out loans i wanna have the best total experience, like i said i bout to work my ass off and do my thang

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Don't go to college breh..it's a waste of time and money..you can learn for free sitting and reading in a bookstore, library, and Internet..why would you wanna listen to a teacher when you can learn for yaself..
idk bra some things really hard to learn on your own, plus that degree will come in handy also, im in computer science and coding isnt the easiest things to get, shyt learning linux isnt the easiest thing, but ima junior so i dont have long and so far i dont have majors loans, i loans i own range from 1-3 stacks, thats nothin to pay back

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
people go to college for all type of different reason, and like i said the classes im doin great in, im a computer science major, and im pretty good wit math and computers so im not have a problem, but at the end of the day the environment matters imo :yeshrug: if im paying money to go here and taking out loans i wanna have the best total experience, like i said i bout to work my ass off and do my thang

Didn't you go on a orientation before you decided to transfer breh?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

Thats not even the definition for white wash

White wash is a black person that denies they heritage and try to adopt the culture white people and pretty much accept the ignorance along with it. My friends went to Ivy league schools growing up and they have great education and never used slang, but they never forgot where they came from and they give back by mentoring and donating money to programs in their old neighborhoods.

Long as you dont abandon you people in hopes of being accepted by another you good

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Dont try and fit in... do your own thing... be like a ferris bueller ass nicca... thats what I did... and college was the best time of my life... and i went to a 90% white uni in canada... had a great time... but it might be different for me because 1. i grew up around white kids 2. i fukk with white chicks (not exclusively no c00no)

but you cant try and fit in... you have to understand that every single cac is gonna perceive you as being that black guy and the second u try and ingratiate yourself to them u drop down a peg... i guarantee you if you just roll like a lone wolf and keep to your own that white chicks will approach you in class... this is what happened to me... and then once they saw my crew was all legit dudes... i was money... got laid more in junior n senior year of college than all the rest of my life combined.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i grew up in the hood, no white people or any other race in elementary, same in middle school, woulda been the same in high school, but hurricane katrina happed, but the school i went to was 99%black and the white people stayed off into the corner, college was a hbcu

outside of work i dont really have any contact wit white people

i dont listen to any white music, or really know to much about non black cultures, i tired sushi before with ex, nothin i want again tho

its like im just walking around outta place bra, shyt is ill bra :wow:

but ima just work my ass off this year and just do me, some of the bytches be :ohhh: but when they talk i be :stopitslime: its like they totally opposite, they never been around black people :wow:

Damn breh...not trying to be a downer...but it sounds rough as fukk for you out here.

Unless you're open to branching out from "traditional" black/hood culture...you're gonna have a rough time fitting in. (That goes for the whites, as well as many of the blacks). In my experience, a lot of blacks enjoy being able to break away from their socially prescribed attitudes/beliefs in college.

All this social stuff is unimportant of course. You've got the right idea of just keeping your head down and up with your studies...but if you DO want a better social life...at least be more open to the middle class blacks.