How would you rate the Nintendo Switch first party lineup this (last) gen?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I think the switch lineup has been good overall, but it doesn't feel like their lineup has been all that great. It doesn't feel like they topped BOTW and Mario Odyssey after the first year. I'll admit I've only played a handful of games, so I'm looking for input from those of you who have played most of their first party/exclusive games.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Outside of what you listed and not counting remasters.. a C+.

Luigi’s Mansion 3
Pokémon Sword
Pokémon Arceus
Pokémon Violet
Splatoon 2
Splatoon 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Animal crossing
Marvel Alliance 3
Astral Chain
Smash Bros Ultimate

Those are what I bought.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
A+ if you play RPGs and strategy games

A if you don't

The switch has been one of Nintendo's strongest line up of 1st party games.

The only thing they haven't done is dropped multiple "main line" Mario titles.
The Mario titles are what made me create this thread. Odyssey is dope but it's what, 5 years old now? Would have loved to see donkey Kong and starfox as well

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It's been pretty lackluster. Fortunately, lots of their third party titles have kept the system fun for me.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
First Party imo has been the best since N64. Mario Odyssey, BOTW, Metroid Dread, Smash Bros Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are all top tier games in their respective genres. Tho one issue is the port thing. It is one of those things where you get previous gen games that roughly look the same, with essentially barely more content sold at full price. You either ride or die with Nintendo.

It is worth noting the Pokemon problem. Nintendo games are very polished and usually bug free. But god damn Pokemon becomes beyond disappointing. We see Mario and Zelda release one of the best entries in their respective franchises. We get Metroid returning to 2d form with Dread. Smash Bros becoming the ultimate party fighting game. Xenoblade and Fire Emblem taking big steps despite being on a weaker console. But pokemon just is a limited buggy experience. While the games are enjoyable if you just a casual. It is really disappointing when compared to the rest of their first party titles.

Switch is one of those cases where the hardware is starting to become an issue and is affecting the software. SMT V, Xenoblade 3, BOTW are examples of being some great games that pushed the Switch to its limits. It is impressive how some of these games that I listed run on PS3 hardware. As much as we are annoyed by the Switch's limitations, I think devs even more so will finally get some decent hardware with respect to whats out their. Because Switch's hardware is shyt and this because evident if you play current gen games on the other consoles or PC.

B+ grade seems appropriate since the library seems to reliant on JRPG's. Since genres are limited due to the hardware limitations.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I only care about Zelda. I haven’t played an Metroid game since the snes and Mario is whatever to me. Even though I crave a turned based rpg I don’t have the time to invest in them, so I tend to avoid them.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
First Party imo has been the best since N64. Mario Odyssey, BOTW, Metroid Dread, Smash Bros Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are all top tier games in their respective genres. Tho one issue is the port thing. It is one of those things where you get previous gen games that roughly look the same, with essentially barely more content sold at full price. You either ride or die with Nintendo.

It is worth noting the Pokemon problem. Nintendo games are very polished and usually bug free. But god damn Pokemon becomes beyond disappointing. We see Mario and Zelda release one of the best entries in their respective franchises. We get Metroid returning to 2d form with Dread. Smash Bros becoming the ultimate party fighting game. Xenoblade and Fire Emblem taking big steps despite being on a weaker console. But pokemon just is a limited buggy experience. While the games are enjoyable if you just a casual. It is really disappointing when compared to the rest of their first party titles.

Switch is one of those cases where the hardware is starting to become an issue and is affecting the software. SMT V, Xenoblade 3, BOTW are examples of being some great games that pushed the Switch to its limits. It is impressive how some of these games that I listed run on PS3 hardware. As much as we are annoyed by the Switch's limitations, I think devs even more so will finally get some decent hardware with respect to whats out their. Because Switch's hardware is shyt and this because evident if you play current gen games on the other consoles or PC.

B+ grade seems appropriate since the library seems to reliant on JRPG's. Since genres are limited due to the hardware limitations.
Yeah I get that, with the genres being limited by the hardware. Nintendo is a very frustrating company. They have the power to do great things but they limit themselves to maximize finance returns, and the consumer loses out. I think they have had great games this gen but it feels like there could have been a greater number of mainline franchise games or more new IPs. But to your point maybe the hardware was just too limiting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Mario odyssey and bowsers Fury were the only games that got me to play that thing.

Zelda was good too:ehh:

Mario Kart and smash were fun to play with my kids.

Other than that switch been kinda trash.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
will be interesting to see how Nintendo keeps up with their output next generation without ports

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
will be interesting to see how Nintendo keeps up with their output next generation without ports
I mean there is a bunch of 3rd party stuff from last gen they can still use :mjgrin:

Assuming the new switch is PS4 pro level.