How will the gaming landscape look like by the end of this generation?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I wonder what the gaming landscape will look like by the end of this generation. Already 2 big gaming giants have been bought and we're barely a year into this gen.

Any predictions on which gaming studios will still remain unbought or which ones will most definitely be bought?

I think the safest ones right now is Epic games, but maybe one big scandal is all they need to be bought.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Mike, we’re grown now. How long you plan on doing this? You’re too old to speak on games. Leave that to the young ones who should be offline living their lives. I think they would do more of that if you wasn’t here inspiring them not to all the time :ufdup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder what the gaming landscape will look like by the end of this generation. Already 2 big gaming giants have been bought and we're barely a year into this gen.

Any predictions on which gaming studios will still remain unbought or which ones will most definitely be bought?

I think the safest ones right now is Epic games, but maybe one big scandal is all they need to be bought.

Two major players and nintendo….i have doubts Nintendo’s next system will hit like the switch, especially now that they’ll have even less 3rd party games when all these other pubs get snatched. They aren’t gonna have the wii-u library to bail them out when they have their large 1st party gaps either.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
You can buy the companies, but what happens when the creative minds get bored and want to do something else?

It’s just business, there’s now room for more big dogs

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Not much different than it is right now.
I think Series consoles will do so much better than the One/X, but the PS5 will still win the gen. The biggest difference will be that Microsoft has an interesting library now.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't see gamepass being put on PS or Nintendo systems. They're going to release some kind of dongle where you can stream the GP library across different devices (tvs, toasters, etc).

MS will probably consume another publisher too. I'm betting WB.

Tencent and NetEase will continue to eat up Japanese developers.

Homegrown Chinese talent will start making their mark.

I believe things are going to look very different near the end of this generation compared to how they were at the start. And we'll be worse off.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't see gamepass being put on PS or Nintendo systems. They're going to release some kind of dongle where you can stream the GP library across different devices (tvs, toasters, etc).

MS will probably consume another publisher too. I'm betting WB.

Tencent and NetEase will continue to eat up Japanese developers.

Homegrown Chinese talent will start making their mark.

I believe things are going to look very different near the end of this generation compared to how they were at the start. And we'll be worse off.

It’s not just NetEase and Tencent, its Netflix, Facebook, Amazon, etc. everyone is buying game companies right now. Thats why i stress that Sony needs to buy at least one major publisher

At least one from the east and west

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also CDPR would be a great buy for sony because of the GOG storefront which they can convert to the playstation pc storefront. GOG is bleeding money and they don’t really have any way to salvage it because companies dont wanna put NON-DRM games on it. Sonys games are already non drm on pc so it’s almost a perfect buy for them.

GOG is losing money and refocusing on ‘handpicked selection of games’

Other reasons CDPR would be good :

• No pressure from direct investors
  • Sony has greatly expanded into European territories for devs
  • Big WRPG market that can be utilized
  • CDPR gets to rebuild their reputation under sony like activision is doing

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Pretty much the same.
& I say this as a person who's owned at least two to three consoles from every generation since 1987.

I just want more quality games & new Ip's and LESS shovelware /remakes/remasters/re-rendering ... nostalgia cash grabs.