How to avoid being played by ... Wikihow :dahell: WOAT advice.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
  1. Shun guys that may actually like You brehettes
    How to Avoid Being Played
    No one wants to be played by a player -- it can only end in humiliation and heartbreak! Luckily, players are pretty easy to avoid once you know which telltale signs to look out for. Then you can just focus your attention on the good guys!

Ad
    EditSteps

1. 1
      Players pretend to catch feelings quickly. They will call every night, text all day, and perhaps even fall asleep on the phone with you at night. As flattered as you might be, know that it is all a trap! His goal is for you to get used to it. By doing the above, he is getting that routine stored into your brain, so that the next week when he stops talking to you, you're already head-over-heels for him. If you want to keep a player around you, you need to take your time. When he tries to fall asleep on the phone while still talking to you and events similar to that, do not let it happen. One way to make this work is to avoid allowing the phone conversation to last over an hour.
      • How does it work? It was a routine of yours - you are so used to talking to him all night, but he suddenly isn't talking to you. As a result, you'll begin to miss him. That's when you hit him up, and then he knows he has you wrapped around his finger.

2. 2
      Players love to give nicknames. Most of the time, he will give you a nickname to make situations cute and along those lines. However, he is giving you a nickname to make you feel more of a connection to them. Some guys are quick to call you "babe", "honey bunches", or "cutie pie". If you catch that in the player you've got, watch out and be warned: players can be sweet talkers and smooth with their words.

3. 3
      Players love to ask you about your sex life. Although guys may be naturally curious about it, the number of guys you've slept with isn't essential to building a good, genuine relationship.

4. 4
      Players love to spoil you with compliments. "Babe, you are so beautiful" may be one of them. Even if you felt so ugly that day, there will always be this one guy saying, "Oh, you look beautiful" or "You look great" for no reason. As flattered as you may feel, remember that they are complimenting you to make you feel good about yourself. When a girl feels good about herself, their confidence level goes up, and she'll be willing to do anything to get that confidence even higher. Also, guys are aware that girls love compliments.

5. 5
      Players will start to talk about their lives. They might say something similar to "I've been hurt in the past." They are opening up and making you feel that you have a closer connection to them. It is all for sympathy points! They will burst out with emotions and will talk about how they have been played before, how they have been hurt really badly before, and that they know how you feel. Chances are they have been heartbroken before, but that heartbreak is what lead them to become a player. A lot of the times players pull the line, “I’m a changed man, I have had my share of playing games. But those days are done; I just want to meet someone that can keep me on track.” Girls start feeling sympathy for them, and they want to be there for them. Naturally, when a girl sees a guy is heartbroken, girls like to comfort them and give them a shoulder to lean on. The more they want to be there for the players, the more girls get to know them. However, the more they get attached, the harder it is for them to pull out.

6. 6
      Players love to pull the line, "I would treat you better than that - I would never do you wrong." A lot of the times, girls are vulnerable. When girls see that a guy is understanding, they begin to think that this guy will be the one and that they will not break their hearts. Just because the guy claims that he will treat her better doesn't necessarily mean he will keep that promise in the future.

7. 7
      Players will not want to be seen in public or have a public relationship. One example is on Facebook. Players will not want to be seen in public with you - not because they are shy, or they are scared, or their friends will make fun of them - but because he might run into one of his other girls he is talking to when your back is turned. The player will not want to change his relationship status on Facebook or talk about you on Facebook. A lot of the times, they claim they are not ready, or they just do not want to be seen in public with you. The truth is they do not want to make it seem like they have anything to do with you because that shuts down their market of getting other girls. There is a 50 percent chance that he really is not ready for a relationship, but there is a 50 percent chance that he just does not want to be tied down. If any guy really likes you, he would want to have that tie with you so that no one else can claim you.

How to Avoid Being Played: 7 Steps (with Pictures)

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Yeah the only "player" they need to worry about is that guy being a player of a different team if he is gracefully putting his hand on his chin like that.

I mean, not even that...

like...it doesn't look like dude is resting his arm on a table or anything...his arm is straight up,
and his wrist is at a 90 degree angle. It's like he has his chin on his hand while he's standing up!
That don't make no damn sense!

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wikihow has the woat art :mjlol:
How to Use "i.e." Versus "e.g."
Four Parts:Distinguishing Between i.e. and e.g.Knowing When to Use i.e. and e.g.Formatting & Double-Checking Usage of i.e. and e.g.Usage ChartQuestions and Answers

The abbreviations "i.e." and "e.g." are commonly misused. Many people do not know what they stand for. This article will improve your understanding of these abbreviations and their proper use.

Part 1
Distinguishing Between i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Understand what the abbreviations stand for. "i.e." is an abbreviation of the Latin words id est, which mean "that is". "e.g." is an abbreviation for the Latin words exempli gratia, which means "for the sake of example".[1]

2. 2
    Associate each abbreviation with more easily remembered phrases. It may be difficult to memorize Latin words, so pretending that "i.e." stands for "in essence" or "in other words", and "e.g." stands for "example given" can help.

3. 3
    Use creative mnemonic devices. Sometimes, not even associating the abbreviation with another phrase helps. If you’re still having trouble, try using more creative mnemonic solutions, such as associating i.e. with “I explain” or e.g. with “egg sample” (which sounds like "example").[2]
    • You could also try memorizing a bizarre example sentence using the correct abbreviation, such as “The best way to drive unicorns out of your neighborhood is to play them loud Baroque classical music (i.e., complicated classical music composed between 1600-1750).”[3]

Part 2
Knowing When to Use i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Use "i.e." to paraphrase. Make a statement, then add "i.e." to explain, specify, or describe what you just said in another way:
    • The elephant is a pachyderm, i.e., a large animal with thick skin and nails on feet resembling hooves.
    • I went to my least favorite place (i.e., the dentist).
    • Note that what follows "i.e." is often a further explanation. This can also be a metaphor. If you substitute "i.e." with "in other words" the sentences still make sense. If you plug in "for example" they do not.

2. 2
    Use "e.g." before giving one or more examples. Think of what precedes "e.g." as a category, and what follows it as something (or a few things) that would fall into that category (but not everything in that category):
    • Buy some vegetables, e.g., carrots.
    • I like power metal (e.g., Firewind, Iced Earth, Sonata Arctica).
    • Observe how using "i.e." wouldn't make sense in these examples. "Carrots" is not another way to describe vegetables in general, it is just one of the many foods that are considered to be vegetables. If you wanted to use "i.e." you would write "Buy some vegetables, i.e., the edible part of any plant." Likewise, the bands given are examples of power metal, but not a description. If you were using "i.e." you would write something like "I like power metal, i.e., fast metal with symphonic elements and epic themes."

3. 3
    Use e.g. and i.e. in short comments. It’s common to use the abbreviations e.g. and i.e. when adding a parenthetical statement, such as a clarification or explanation. However, if the clarification or explanation is part of the main sentence, spell out the phrase that is appropriate to your meaning instead.
    • For example, if you’re writing a paper and want to provide some examples of sources that argue a particular point, use e.g.: “Some studies (e.g., Smith, 2015; Yao, 1999) support this assertion, while others -- for example, Abdullah’s (2013) research on pizza and topping choice -- disagree.”
    • Use i.e. to provide short clarifications and a phrase to provide longer or more detailed clarifications: “In our research we altered the order of image display (i.e., first, second, or third) as well as their color scheme, that is, whether we had applied a blue or green filter.”

4. 4
    Consider your audience. Substantial confusion exists surrounding i.e. and e.g., even amongst highly educated readers. If you think that your readers may not understand what the abbreviation is used to signal, skip it and use a clarifying phrase instead. [4]

Part 3
Formatting & Double-Checking Usage of i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Italicize only if specifically asked. It’s common for English speakers to see Latin words and phrases italicized, such as in medias res (“in the middle of things”) or in loco parentis (“in the place of a parent”). However, Latin words and phrases that have entered common usage are usually not italicized -- including i.e. and e.g.[5]

2. 2
    Use parentheses or commas with both. To indicate a separate clause, you can either insert a comma before "i.e." or "e.g." or you can use parentheses, both of which are shown in the examples above. If you use parentheses, open them right before the "e.g." or "i.e." and close them after you have given your example or alternate definition.
    • For American English usage, you should always put a comma right after both "i.e." and "e.g." as shown in the examples above. For British English usage, do not put a comma right after either "i.e." or "e.g."

3. 3
    Determine any style manual requirements. If you’re just writing for yourself or in an informal situation, you may not have any specific requirements. However, if you’re writing in a particular academic discipline, or in a particular profession (such as journalism), you will probably be asked to write in accordance with the relevant style manual.
    • For example, APA Style, the official style of the American Psychological Association, is used widely in the social sciences and in professions like journalism. APA states that you should always put a comma after e.g. and i.e. when using them: “Some sources (e.g., Janet, 2010; Jeff, 2015) argue that mushrooms are tasty” and “There are three meals in the day (i.e., breakfast, lunch, and dinner)”.[6]

4. 4
    Ensure that what you write after i.e. means the same as what precedes it. If you use a sentence that includes i.e. and a parenthetical comment, make sure that the restatement is directly equivalent to what you said first: you should be able to swap them out without a loss of meaning.[7]
    • The sentence “His favorite type of sandwich is an open-faced sandwich (i.e., one that uses only one piece of bread rather than two)” represents correct usage of i.e.
    • The sentence “His favorite type of sandwich is an open-faced sandwich (i.e., a panini or similar type of sandwich)” represents incorrect usage, because “a panini or similar type of sandwich” is NOT directly equivalent to “an open-faced sandwich.”

5. 5
    Try replacing the abbreviations with their meaning. If it sounds reasonable, then you are probably using the right one. For example, "I like quiet activities (e.g., reading)" becomes "I like quiet activities (for example, reading)". When trying this with i.e., it is often easier to use "in other words" instead of "that is."
:russ:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
How to Use "i.e." Versus "e.g."
Four Parts:Distinguishing Between i.e. and e.g.Knowing When to Use i.e. and e.g.Formatting & Double-Checking Usage of i.e. and e.g.Usage ChartQuestions and Answers

The abbreviations "i.e." and "e.g." are commonly misused. Many people do not know what they stand for. This article will improve your understanding of these abbreviations and their proper use.

Part 1
Distinguishing Between i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Understand what the abbreviations stand for. "i.e." is an abbreviation of the Latin words id est, which mean "that is". "e.g." is an abbreviation for the Latin words exempli gratia, which means "for the sake of example".[1]

2. 2
    Associate each abbreviation with more easily remembered phrases. It may be difficult to memorize Latin words, so pretending that "i.e." stands for "in essence" or "in other words", and "e.g." stands for "example given" can help.

3. 3
    Use creative mnemonic devices. Sometimes, not even associating the abbreviation with another phrase helps. If you’re still having trouble, try using more creative mnemonic solutions, such as associating i.e. with “I explain” or e.g. with “egg sample” (which sounds like "example").[2]
    • You could also try memorizing a bizarre example sentence using the correct abbreviation, such as “The best way to drive unicorns out of your neighborhood is to play them loud Baroque classical music (i.e., complicated classical music composed between 1600-1750).”[3]

Part 2
Knowing When to Use i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Use "i.e." to paraphrase. Make a statement, then add "i.e." to explain, specify, or describe what you just said in another way:
    • The elephant is a pachyderm, i.e., a large animal with thick skin and nails on feet resembling hooves.
    • I went to my least favorite place (i.e., the dentist).
    • Note that what follows "i.e." is often a further explanation. This can also be a metaphor. If you substitute "i.e." with "in other words" the sentences still make sense. If you plug in "for example" they do not.

2. 2
    Use "e.g." before giving one or more examples. Think of what precedes "e.g." as a category, and what follows it as something (or a few things) that would fall into that category (but not everything in that category):
    • Buy some vegetables, e.g., carrots.
    • I like power metal (e.g., Firewind, Iced Earth, Sonata Arctica).
    • Observe how using "i.e." wouldn't make sense in these examples. "Carrots" is not another way to describe vegetables in general, it is just one of the many foods that are considered to be vegetables. If you wanted to use "i.e." you would write "Buy some vegetables, i.e., the edible part of any plant." Likewise, the bands given are examples of power metal, but not a description. If you were using "i.e." you would write something like "I like power metal, i.e., fast metal with symphonic elements and epic themes."

3. 3
    Use e.g. and i.e. in short comments. It’s common to use the abbreviations e.g. and i.e. when adding a parenthetical statement, such as a clarification or explanation. However, if the clarification or explanation is part of the main sentence, spell out the phrase that is appropriate to your meaning instead.
    • For example, if you’re writing a paper and want to provide some examples of sources that argue a particular point, use e.g.: “Some studies (e.g., Smith, 2015; Yao, 1999) support this assertion, while others -- for example, Abdullah’s (2013) research on pizza and topping choice -- disagree.”
    • Use i.e. to provide short clarifications and a phrase to provide longer or more detailed clarifications: “In our research we altered the order of image display (i.e., first, second, or third) as well as their color scheme, that is, whether we had applied a blue or green filter.”

4. 4
    Consider your audience. Substantial confusion exists surrounding i.e. and e.g., even amongst highly educated readers. If you think that your readers may not understand what the abbreviation is used to signal, skip it and use a clarifying phrase instead. [4]

Part 3
Formatting & Double-Checking Usage of i.e. and e.g.

1. 1
    Italicize only if specifically asked. It’s common for English speakers to see Latin words and phrases italicized, such as in medias res (“in the middle of things”) or in loco parentis (“in the place of a parent”). However, Latin words and phrases that have entered common usage are usually not italicized -- including i.e. and e.g.[5]

2. 2
    Use parentheses or commas with both. To indicate a separate clause, you can either insert a comma before "i.e." or "e.g." or you can use parentheses, both of which are shown in the examples above. If you use parentheses, open them right before the "e.g." or "i.e." and close them after you have given your example or alternate definition.
    • For American English usage, you should always put a comma right after both "i.e." and "e.g." as shown in the examples above. For British English usage, do not put a comma right after either "i.e." or "e.g."

3. 3
    Determine any style manual requirements. If you’re just writing for yourself or in an informal situation, you may not have any specific requirements. However, if you’re writing in a particular academic discipline, or in a particular profession (such as journalism), you will probably be asked to write in accordance with the relevant style manual.
    • For example, APA Style, the official style of the American Psychological Association, is used widely in the social sciences and in professions like journalism. APA states that you should always put a comma after e.g. and i.e. when using them: “Some sources (e.g., Janet, 2010; Jeff, 2015) argue that mushrooms are tasty” and “There are three meals in the day (i.e., breakfast, lunch, and dinner)”.[6]

4. 4
    Ensure that what you write after i.e. means the same as what precedes it. If you use a sentence that includes i.e. and a parenthetical comment, make sure that the restatement is directly equivalent to what you said first: you should be able to swap them out without a loss of meaning.[7]
    • The sentence “His favorite type of sandwich is an open-faced sandwich (i.e., one that uses only one piece of bread rather than two)” represents correct usage of i.e.
    • The sentence “His favorite type of sandwich is an open-faced sandwich (i.e., a panini or similar type of sandwich)” represents incorrect usage, because “a panini or similar type of sandwich” is NOT directly equivalent to “an open-faced sandwich.”

5. 5
    Try replacing the abbreviations with their meaning. If it sounds reasonable, then you are probably using the right one. For example, "I like quiet activities (e.g., reading)" becomes "I like quiet activities (for example, reading)". When trying this with i.e., it is often easier to use "in other words" instead of "that is."
:russ:
:dead:
how can someone who can draw so well end up with an end product like this

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1) is a huge trick answer.

As a man:dame: When you LEGIT are feeling a woman early on, you want to go all in. The problem with that is if she isn't feeling you as much at the time or isn't looking for that you come off as a lame, desperate or something in between.

I know you women can tell when a dude is legit into you, but most the time you hope for the guy that you are fawning over will be the one to show you that kind of attention instead of the one that you just "like" and thats where yall get caught up. (dudes to this too)

A season player will use all of the above, but to keep it 100 most men aren't seasoned players. So if you run into average introverted joe and he displayed some of the qualities above its probably legit how he feels not some elaborate game