How the hell did Rza Mess up his own Kung Fu Flick?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I think it has something to do with Eli Roth not having enough faith in Rza as a movie director.

One thing that stands out most are the boring ass fight scnes, youd think a dude who knows almost every kung fu flick in the book would know not to make them so uninspiring, You got Cung Le on set and all you can do is just cut quick shots of him doing some moves? X blade was dope but they only have him like 2 minutes to show off his skills quickly, then at the end he has like the worst slo mo fight scene.

I did dig the soundtrack and some of the non fighting scenes like the one's with jack knife and Silver Lion, but for whatever reason that sh1t didnt feel like a kung fu movie. outside of the first scene of course ^^^

I know they left like 2 more hours worth of scenes on the cutting room floor, If theyre going to make a sequel to that sh1t those scenes better be some diabolical shyt or rza hopefully learning his lesson from this sh1t goes on to make a better film.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
It was originally was supposed to be a trilogy....but either Eli or QT convinced him to shrink it and cram it into one movie. That's why the pacing is so weird...and why the characters aren't that developed.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i finally saw this over the weekend and it was a great film. RZA the genius has a masterpiece with this one. i'll pay to see part 2

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
i have to cosign @Jello Biafra.

i actually really liked the movie, but it could've been better had he been more believable in character.

i would watch a scene and instead of seeing him as his fictitious character, i would just see rza.

i think that had a lot to do with his natural day-to-day speech delivery - which is very monotone, nasal, mushy and garbled.

imo, he has some type of developmental apraxia of speech.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i have to cosign @Jello Biafra.

i actually really liked the movie, but it could've been better had he been more believable in character.

i would watch a scene and instead of seeing him as his fictitious character, i would just see rza.

i think that had a lot to do with his natural day-to-day speech delivery - which is very monotone, nasal, mushy and garbled.

imo, he has some type of developmental apraxia of speech.

I think he could have been a good villain, or maybe a side-character, but he sucked as the protagonist

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Only good fights in this were The Gemini Fight and Lucy liu vs. Cung Le at the end, But those still felt like it went by too quick or maybe the editing was all over the place

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
It was originally was supposed to be a trilogy....but either Eli or QT convinced him to shrink it and cram it into one movie. That's why the pacing is so weird...and why the characters aren't that developed.

Now it makes sense

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I know they left like 2 more hours worth of scenes on the cutting room floor, If theyre going to make a sequel to that sh1t those scenes better be some diabolical shyt or rza hopefully learning his lesson from this sh1t goes on to make a better film.

Did they ever release The Golden Phoenix?