How Pakistan became nuclear power?

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Majid Nizami was a prominent worker of Pakistan Movement.

He was pride of journalism and former Chairman of Nazaria Pakistan Trust.
His contribution was not only confined to journalism. He contributed a lot in nation building and after the making of Pakistan his name shone in Tehreek-e-Khatam-e-Nabuwat, Tehreek-e-Nizam-e-Mustafa and Tehreek-Namoos-e-Risalat.

Majid Nizami considered the ideology of Pakistan as guarantee for the prosperity of country.
He believed Pakistan was a gift of inheritance given to the nation by Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and poet and philosopher Allama Muhmmad Iqbal. He practically believed Pakistan should an Islamic, democratic and welfare state and he worked for it all his whole life.That is why; he considered defending the ideological borders of the country as part of his belief. He led the nation in every mainstream issue of the country including Kashmir issue, establishment of new dams, Indian water aggression and Pakistan’s becoming a nuclear power. He was always there to present his point of view.

Majid Nizami’s role in making the atomic bomb is not deniable and not a secret. When India tested the five atomic bombs on 11 May, 1998 it was an open challenge to Pakistan. After the Indian atomic test, Pakistan government was under a lot of pressure not to go for atomic tests.
America did not want Pakistan to become an atomic power. At that time, the then American President Clinton talked five times on the phone with Mian Muhamamd Nawaz Sharif, the then prime minister of Pakistan and offered millions of dollars in aid. In that difficult time, Mian Nawaz Sharif was seeking advice from the different walks of life.

In that context, Mian Nawaz Sharif called up a meeting of newspapers editors where Majid Nizami said his historic words that, ‘Mian Sahab go by the public aspirations on the tests otherwise the nation would blast you. ’ All the editors were surprised at this statement from Nizami Sahab. When nuclear bombs were conducted in May 1998 Mian Nawaz Sharif phoned Majid Nizami and said ‘I have conducted the nuclear tests now you don’t have to blast me.

When Mian Nawaz Shairf gave Nishan-e-Pakistan award to Doctor Abdul Qadeer Khan and gave same award to Majid Nizami. Then Nizami Sahab inquired why were you giving me the award? Then Mian Nawaz Sharif answered that Dr Qadeer contributed in making of atomic bomb, I conducted the nuclear tests but you were the moving force behind it.

Majid Nizami was fully aware of the importance of Kashmir for Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam had declared it as jugular vein of Pakistan but the jugular vein has been under the occupation of our enemy India.

After the partition when India invaded Kashmir than Quaid-e-Azam with utter bravery ordered his commander in chief to lead the army into Kashmir. It is pertinent to note he gave that orders from Governor House Lahore. But Commander-in-Chief was British. He said, “Let me first seek permission from my commander who is in Delhi now.” He disagreed from the official orders and hence the Kashmir issue lingered on.

Majid Nizami used to say that he often asked the army to liberate Kashmir from with force and according to the wishes of Quaid-e-Azam, the leader of the nation. Majid Nizami said Kashmir has two solutions.

First one is according to United Nations Resolutions so Kashmiris get right of self determination.
The second one is of war and war is inevitable on Kashmir. Majid Nizami said that people say with nuclear war with India would bring massive destruction but look at the Japan whose two cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki were completely destroyed but look at now Japan has rebuilt his country.

Pakistan is an agricultural country and India has been stopping our water by building dams and it falls under water aggression by the enemy country.
Majid Nizami highlighted the people with the significance of the Kalabagh dam in the existential threat of India’s water aggression.

Nizami Sahab used to say that he was a peaceful man but on this issue he would go for a war. He said Pakistan already torn apart in two pieces and situation in Balochistan and FATA were also not good and India is behind these conspiracies. We should beware about the Indian conspiracies.

How Pakistan became nuclear power?

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The wording throughout this article is odd.
Was this put through a Google Translator or was this written by someone with a solid grasp of English grammar style, but none of flow?
And Pakistan had to become a nuclear power, due to India.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
African leaders ought to be ashamed about this. :francis:
Why?
There are very few African nations that would benefit from being a "nuclear power" unless they're very literally getting a chunk of their energy from "nuclear power" outside of South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, and Nigeria (maybe Liberia too), who would benefit from nuclear weapons?
And some countries simply should not have them at all (Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo).

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
The wording throughout this article is odd.
Was this put through a Google Translator or was this written by someone with a solid grasp of English grammar style, but none of flow?
And Pakistan had to become a nuclear power, due to India.

com.pk :manny:

but ummm yea I'm thinking if Pakistan goes nuclear because of India, seems like Africa might have an even stronger case for going nuclear.

Why?
There are very few African nations that would benefit from being a "nuclear power" unless they're very literally getting a chunk of their energy from "nuclear power" outside of South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, and Nigeria (maybe Liberia too), who would benefit from nuclear weapons?
And some countries simply should not have them at all (Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo).
You don't think a nuclear deterrence factor would tilt foreign policy in Africa's favor with the amount of resources there ?:mjlol:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
com.pk :manny:

but ummm yea I'm thinking if Pakistan goes nuclear because of India, seems like Africa might have an even stronger case for going nuclear.

You don't think a nuclear deterrence factor would tilt foreign policy in Africa's favor with the amount of resources there ?:mjlol:
Depends on which state.
And while it certainly could, nuclear nonproliferation is a very real and present factor in the attempts by various states to develop worthwhile nukes.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Depends on which state.
And while it certainly could, nuclear nonproliferation is a very real and present factor in the attempts by various states to develop worthwhile nukes.

Sure as hell can't afford to have groups like boko haram and al shabaab meddling close by, good option would be to have things stationed across relatively stable states like botswana, senegal and seychelles while being governed by a continental nuclear commission of some sort.

As far as the NPT issue I look at that the same way I do the ICC, bush goes into iraq under the guise of wmd's and shoots the place up yet remains free. An african leader steals a couple of diamonds and ends up in the hague before he can sell them. It's a game they have set up where the rules don't affect them and the only way to compete is to load your dice (pakistan)... but for sure if I were attempting to go nuclear for the purpose of wmd's it wouldn't be something I'd say a word about, espeeeecially as an african state.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
So let's say a country like Nigeria developed nukes, how would that be viewed by neighboring African countries?

• Dap
Reactions: Fox

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
So let's say a country like Nigeria developed nukes, how would that be viewed by neighboring African countries?

Good question, I can't necessarily speak for them but I'd want them to strengthen their institutions a little more before I trust them as the sole proprietor of a nuclear bomb. Good question I'm interested as well in how other ecowas members would view that.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
China helped them.
Does China still hate India? They went to war twice when India was a young nation.
I think Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal should unite as one nation.

2020 will be a big year for India as India may be divided even further :mjpls:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Does China still hate India? They went to war twice when India was a young nation.
I think Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal should unite as one nation.

2020 will be a big year for India as India may be divided even further :mjpls:

China and India have always been regional rivals on some goku/vegeta shyt, I wouldn't really call it hatred.

Pakistan and India is pure hatred though, and that will never change.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
China and India have always been regional rivals on some goku/vegeta shyt, I wouldn't really call it hatred.

Pakistan and India is pure hatred though, and that will never change.
I never understood the war between china and india as they both were invaded by the British. they have common enemies. one went communism, and other went pro democracy.. well sort of..
Pakistan is a Islamic state yet India has more Muslims then Pakistan :krs: