How much sodium do you take in a day

Daps
so Im reading that I shouldnt eat more than 2300 mg a day :lupe:

Ive been doing fine eating better and losing weight but I usually take in more than that a day, do i need to stop :patrice:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
so Im reading that I shouldnt eat more than 2300 mg a day :lupe:

Ive been doing fine eating better and losing weight but I usually take in more than that a day, do i need to stop :patrice:
It makes you retain water more so you won't look as cut.

I take in way more than that usually because a lot of the seasonings I use are really high in sodium:mjcry:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Salt is in so many things...even ketchup has salt.... Be careful not to overload your system...

There is this salt substitute seasoning called nu-salt....

Has anyone tried it? Does it taste Like salt? Are there any side effects to it like there are to fake sugar?
Nu-Salt_Salt_Substitute_3oz_Garden_Of_Eden.jpg

Edit: I found this

• 1. What is Nu-Salt®?
    Nu-Salt® is a sodium-free substitute that, we believe, looks, tastes and sprinkles like real salt.Please consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt®.

• 2. How much sodium does Nu-Salt® contain?
    Nu-Salt® contains no sodium per 1/8 tsp. serving. An equivalent serving of regular table salt contains 393 milligrams of sodium.

• 3. Are there any artificial ingredients, harmful chemicals or preservatives in Nu-Salt®?
    No. The ingredients that are used are found naturally are all approved for use as food ingredients and are combined to approximate the flavor of salt.

• 4. What are the ingredients in Nu-Salt®?
    Nu-Salt® contains potassium chloride, potassium bitartrate, silicon dioxide and natural flavor derived from citrus fruits and honey.

• 5. What is the function of each ingredient?
    Potassium chloride = is the salt substitute component of the blend.
    Potassium bitartrate = flavor modifier.
    Silicon dioxide = anticaking agent.
    Natural flavor = taste modifier.

• 6. How much potassium does Nu-Salt® contain?
    Nu-Salt® contains 0.530 grams or 530 milligrams of potassium per 1/6 tsp. (1 g) serving.

• 7. Why does Nu-Salt® have such a high potassium content?
    The minimum potassium requirement for adults is approximately 1600 to 2000 milligrams per day. The potassium content of Nu-Salt® is 530 milligrams per 1/6 tsp. (1 g) serving which is approximately the same as the amount of potassium in one medium banana or one cup of fresh cantaloupe. Potassium chloride is used as a substitute for the common salt, sodium chloride.

• 8. What is the shelf life of Nu-Salt®?
    Nu-Salt® neither loses its saltiness nor decomposes during storage, which makes it safe to consume even after many years. It is recommended to store Nu-Salt® under cool and dry conditions. Storing the product in a hot and humid environment may result in caked and discolored product. However, the product will still maintain its saltiness and will be safe to consume.

• 9. Is Nu-Salt® kosher?
    Yes. Nu-Salt® is considered kosher by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis. Nu-Salt® is parve.

• 10. How is Nu-Salt® sold and where can I buy it?
    Nu-Salt® is available in 2.5 ounce canisters and boxes of 50 packets. It is available in the baking aisle of supermarkets, drugstores, wholesale clubs and discount chains. Please click on the product name to view its nutrition facts.

• 11. Can Nu-Salt® be used to replace regular salt in cooking and baking?
    To help reduce your sodium intake, Nu-Salt® may be used in place of regular salt in preparing your favorite recipes. However, the same amount is not always needed. Start out with small amounts of Nu-Salt® and add more to taste. As with any change in diet, please consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt®.

• 12. Who manufactures Nu-Salt®?
    Cumberland Packing Corp. manufactures Nu-Salt®. The Brooklyn, New York based company also manufactures Sweet 'N Low® brand zero calorie sweetener.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I honestly have no attention span today but I will say that I didn't know wheat bread had so much damn sodium in it

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I watch my sodium now. Most everything you buy has sodium. When I cook I only use natural sea salts. Never use iodized.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I eat a lot and I don't give a shyt and unless you have a specific medical condition and have been advised by your physician to consume low sodium, or you are a fitness model who may have to take his shirt off tomorrow, neither should you :yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think I eat more than I should but I don't really watch that type of thing. I try to not eat it as much tho.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I eat a lot and I don't give a shyt and unless you have a specific medical condition and have been advised by your physician to consume low sodium, or you are a fitness model who may have to take his shirt off tomorrow, neither should you :yeshrug:

:why: