how much does it cost to make a t-shirt business?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Run A T-shirt Business On A Shoestring Budget - T-Shirt Forums

10 TIps for Success in the T-shirt Business - T-Shirt Forums

The price of your t-shirts depends on what it costs you to make each t-shirt. When calculating the price, make sure to include the actual price of the shirt, screenprinting costs, shipping costs, costs of hangtags and labels and other costs such as marketing, storage/warehousing and labor. Also consider if you plan on selling retail or wholesale or both. If you are not selling your shirts to other stores or boutiques, then you might be able to price them lower since you are cutting out the middleman. Set a price that allows you to cover all the costs and make a profit as well. And don’t be afraid to price your shirts higher if your costs justify it.

Good luck. This website seems to have a lot of information you could use. It was also found in one very easy google search. :youngsabo:

Honestly though breh, you won't find info on how to price your unique product. You need to do math and figure out what you can and can't afford to make your shirts cost. The costs of running and starting the business also have varied costs. You'll probably have to run the costs through whoever happens to be funding you to really know what's happening.

Again, good luck. :canibus:

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
the market is over saturated

unless you know someone famous you aint makin no money b

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Yea if this is your legit passion, I say go for it, who are we to stop you. But it sounds like you just want a quick hustle and if that's the case it's probably best to think of something else.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
u better be a fukking good artist or go back 10 years. the shirt game is kinda fukked up now, everybody wanna sell they shytty shirts online.

if u tryna make quick money in the clothing biz look into socks

NYC4eva

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could try to sell on Etsy or maybe Ebay. I'm opening up a shop soon (not selling T-shirts though), and I've been watching this one shop who has only been open since Jan of this year and they've already sold 44,000 dollars worth of shirts. They sell about 60 a day.

RockTheWayYouLive on Etsy - Sold Items

They have a sh*tload of inventory though, but really anybody could do it.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've thought about doing this cause I'm interested in fashion, I haven't done it yet though.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
You could try to sell on Etsy or maybe Ebay. I'm opening up a shop soon (not selling T-shirts though), and I've been watching this one shop who has only been open since Jan of this year and they've already sold 44,000 dollars worth of shirts. They sell about 60 a day.

yeah putting celebrities photos on t shirts and selling em sounds easy
i'd worry bout getting sued though..

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
It's funny that this thread was created because I was thinking the same thing. I have an pretty good idea but right now, I don't have the disposable income to make this idea a reality.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps

how did you find out about the site?