How Mobutu Conquered Congo

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
This was a great documentary :wow: I hope the breh keeps pumping out content. I'm going to donate to his channel

-Seeing Mobutu and Lumumba in that picture was eerie. The very man you helped raise up would be complicit in your demise

-I also found it interesting that Mobutu mentioned Mao as his chief influence. I've noticed that several African leaders have mentioned using the rapid rise of the Asian economies starting in the mid twentieth century as inspiration. For one reason or another the execution just hasn't been there

-The next generation of African leaders are going to have to figure out a way to combat the influence/power of the Western intelligence agencies/nations in general

-A shame someone didn't put a bullet in Mobutu's head :scust:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
I'm often not hard on Africa's founding fathers'(Lumumba, Nkrumah, Nyerere, Sylvanus, Kenyatta) political philosophies and leanings, because for them to get things absolutely right they needed to be superman essentially, however one thing I cannot absolve some of them of is the precedent of corruption that some of them set.

Lumumba was backed into a corner basically by the US and killed, if you seek help from one party and it declines, you"ll obviously run to the other. The only thing he was guilty of being is a nationalist.