How many exercises and how long to complete ina reg session?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im only getting 1:30-140 hours to get strength and cardio training in a typical session. Doing about 7-8 exercises two sets each. I’m seeing good results but I wonder if I lower the amount of exercises and increase sets will boost gains. Anyone share some insight?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't like cardio and lifting in the same sessions
It loosens me up and gets my blood flowing.

What in the current goal?

I really want to increase my strength. Been making steady gains over the last month and half. Just wondering if I throw in more sets will it make a dramatic difference.

I’m kinda limited with how long my workout can be since my kid stays at the child watch center. That lasts only 2 hours. So I do as much as I can while throwing in time to take a shower.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It loosens me up and gets my blood flowing.

I really want to increase my strength. Been making steady gains over the last month and half. Just wondering if I throw in more sets will it make a dramatic difference.

I’m kinda limited with how long my workout can be since my kid stays at the child watch center. That lasts only 2 hours. So I do as much as I can while throwing in time to take a shower.
Most strength programs utilize less sets and less reps but the time in between reps is longer. Also those programs may allow you to split lifting and cardio into separate days.

Depending on the cardio you are doing, it could be taking away from your lifting.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most strength programs utilize less sets and less reps but the time in between reps is longer. Also those programs may allow you to split lifting and cardio into separate days.

Depending on the cardio you are doing, it could be taking away from your lifting.
I don't go past 1 mile on the treadmill. I was doing more cardio but you're right I noticed it took away from lifting.

From what I've stated what kind of program would work best for what I'm trying to achieve in the time available. Thanks in advance.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don't go past 1 mile on the treadmill. I was doing more cardio but you're right I noticed it took away from lifting.

From what I've stated what kind of program would work best for what I'm trying to achieve in the time available. Thanks in advance.
Just depends on your level of listing. 5x5 programs can be run for novice to intermediate lifters, 5/3/1 is a more advanced method

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just depends on your level of listing. 5x5 programs can be run for novice to intermediate lifters, 5/3/1 is a more advanced method
Just pulled up some helpful info thanks to you.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always finish my lifting with half an hour liss cardio. I’m trying to lose weight so my situation might be different

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Anywhere between 5-8 Body Exercises depends what Body Part I'm working out

4 sets each, 12 reps is the goal

30 minute cardio after

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
3 Days a week = 6-8 lifts depending on what I’m working on. Minimum 3 x 8 rep. Trying to get in 4 sets now. Along with 30 mins of cardio.

2 Days a week = 1 hour of cardio.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My sets varying. I usually always finish sn excercise with isolation sets at least 2. So sets can be up
To 6-7. Like dumbbell press on a bench. Ill do 4 sets then alternate sets by arm.

Workout last about 1:40. I try to bang out two body parts. I dont get to go to the gym more than twice a week. Trying to up that thiugh

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get a little bit more in volume wise typically around 8-10 is exercises 5-8 sets of 6-10 reps.

Some of the accessory work like calves, face pulls, tricep work I get in 5 sets of 15-25 with once week doing enough reps to get To over 100 reps total.

I however am currently following a full body routine for the past few months but I’m about to go back to my push/pull/legs as it’s easier for me to program in cardio.

I’m usually out of the gym within 90 minutes.