How many calories am I Iosing out on when I strain the fiber/pulp from the juice?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to figure something out calorie number-wise. If I make a smoothie that has an estimated 6 g of fiber and 190 calories, and then go to strain it so that I just keep the juice, I know that I'm losing out on a large percentage, if not all, of that fiber (and I'm fine with that). How many calories am I losing out on though? If the original calorie count was 190 for the smoothie, what will be the estimated calorie count when its just juice (if I try my hardest to make sure to get every last drop of it?)

Please let me know, my brudders

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Seems like the pulp would be a negligible amount not worth counting. Plus if its fiber a certain amount isn't absorbed digestive wise to count toward a caloric impact

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason I'm asking is because due to health issues, I'm going to try to incorporate more shakes and juicing into my diet (not long term, but just to see how it goes). If I need x amount of calories on a daily basis to maintain my weight, I know how many I'd supposedly be getting from a smoothie, but I want to know about how many (just numbers-wise) I'd be getting from just the juice alone.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The reason I'm asking is because due to health issues, I'm going to try to incorporate more shakes and juicing into my diet (not long term, but just to see how it goes). If I need x amount of calories on a daily basis to maintain my weight, I know how many I'd supposedly be getting from a smoothie, but I want to know about how many (just numbers-wise) I'd be getting from just the juice alone.

I still say it's not enough to consider in your total calorie wise and damn near impossible to quantify.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Most of the calories are in the sugar.

Keep the pulp, breh... it slows the absorption of the sugars, and actually inhibits some sugar absorption.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hanks for the words, brehs. By keeping the pulp, it remains a smoothie though, and is not actually juice, thereby not giving my digestive system so much of a break (cause it still needs to break down the fiber).

I think I'll forget about the calories though, cause it probably is impossible to quantify.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
hanks for the words, brehs. By keeping the pulp, it remains a smoothie though, and is not actually juice, thereby not giving my digestive system so much of a break (cause it still needs to break down the fiber).

I think I'll forget about the calories though, cause it probably is impossible to quantify.
Fam its doubtful tour digestive system needs a break from something like that.

Your body designed to do just that.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
yeah, you didnt mention your health issue, but if it's diabetes, the counsel is usually to stay away from juicing, because without all that fiber to slow it down, it can do numbers on your sugar levels.
This.

Blenders with the ability to extract well trump the heck out of juicers.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Blendtecs are on sale right now too. I feel off if I don't have my morning green smoothie. :feedme: