How Is The Economy Doing Better Now vs 4-8 Years Ago if Many Americans Can’t Get Jobs Now?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
99% of the time, people mean the job market is bad, not that the economy is bad. The economy is booming, and its tough to admit, but there are plenty of folks doing just fine. They aren't the ones online making these vids.

Tech sector being a tough one to crack is because it is always changing AND with interest rates being where they are at, companies can't borrow for near free and expand teams. If they are like my team, it's a skeleton crew keeping things going. That does NOT mean the economy is bad.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
99% of the time, people mean the job market is bad, not that the economy is bad. The economy is booming, and its tough to admit, but there are plenty of folks doing just fine. They aren't the ones online making these vids.

Tech sector being a tough one to crack is because it is always changing AND with interest rates being where they are at, companies can't borrow for near free and expand teams. If they are like my team, it's a skeleton crew keeping things going. That does NOT mean the economy is bad.
And truck drivers, retail workers, etc.?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And truck drivers, retail workers, etc.?
What about them? As someone mentioned, a bunch of companies hit all-time-high stock prices these past couple of years and part of that is due to cutting.
Unfortunately these fukkers chase profits and we all know profits are what you get when you make more than your operating costs. Cutting people decreases operating costs.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I thought about doing Uber driving a quarter a year just to boost my play money, but I have been reading all kinds of nonsense that make it seem like a bad option

I do it here and there
Perfect side gig .

I'm a six figure earner, and I get up maybe an hour or 2 before work and will do it if it's surging. I consistently make about $800 a month, so like an extra 10K annually. that $800 is enough to pay for all my utilities and gas. been doing this for the last 5 years or so. no way it's sustainable for an actual job, but if I go outside and make a quick $30-$50, I'm pretty happy. probably might drive 15-20 miles total, so I'm not beating up my car or using a tremendous amount of fuel.

another thing I do is when I go to my girl house, I typically can find a ride going in that direction cuz she lives across town, so I can make money for the drive I'm gonna make anyways. sometimes, I do it twice.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Guy I work with told me its a 60/40 split in Uber’s favor. Is that true?

I can regularly make it so that uber takes a negative share. the trick is to take EXTREMELY short rides (under 5 miles) when there's a high surge. you make way more money doing short rides than long rides. I NEVER accept any ride over 5 miles unless I have an errand and they are going in the exact same direction.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm a six figure earner, and I get up maybe an hour or 2 before work and will do it if it's surging. I consistently make about $800 a month, so like an extra 10K annually. that $800 is enough to pay for all my utilities and gas. been doing this for the last 5 years or so. no way it's sustainable for an actual job, but if I go outside and make a quick $30-$50, I'm pretty happy. probably might drive 15-20 miles total, so I'm not beating up my car or using a tremendous amount of fuel.

another thing I do is when I go to my girl house, I typically can find a ride going in that direction cuz she lives across town, so I can make money for the drive I'm gonna make anyways. sometimes, I do it twice.

yeah I work from home so i usually do like 5am to 8am a few days a week just really airport trips and there is no traffic. I could never do it like full time or 12 hrs a day like some people do it but as a side gig its perfect, do it when you want to and don't when you don't want to. Plus I enjoy driving and great way to listen to a podcast or whatever. And the same like you I just use to extra money for bills and the great thing is at the end of the year barely pay any taxes for it because you can write off your phone bill, gas, oil changes etc.

Also whenever i go out for groceries or ish ill turn on uber eats and usually get a shop and pay

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yeah I work from home so i usually do like 5am to 8am a few days a week just really airport trips and there is no traffic. I could never do it like full time or 12 hrs a day like some people do it but as a side gig its perfect, do it when you want to and don't when you don't want to. Plus I enjoy driving and great way to listen to a podcast or whatever. And the same like you I just use to extra money for bills and the great thing is at the end of the year barely pay any taxes for it because you can write off your phone bill, gas, oil changes etc.

Also whenever i go out for groceries or ish ill turn on uber eats and usually get a shop and pay

I got a buddy my age, who has no kids, and he's worth around $2M net worth with no debt, and even he was out here doing uber eats for awhile just cuz he likes to make money all the time. he just don't give a fukk.