I heard if you go too heavy it'll fukk up your elbows, even if you can lift it

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
With good form it should be no problem

I am currently at 85 on pushdowns and I think 95 on overheads. With pushdowns part of the problem becomes your body weight vs the load. If you weigh 150lbs it's going to be impossible to pushdown 150lbs.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Idk I didn't go too heavy and I did feel it in my elbows.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wtf type of question is this...? Same with any other lift, practice perfect form and listen to your body. everybody built different and everything isn't for everybody especially if you don't have the flexibility

What is a tricep press anyway, close grip bench? because you can work your chest before and tire that out so you can focus on tris with a lower weight. If you talkin tricep extensions / skull crushers then yea take your time with those because you put a lot of stress on your elbows and can get tendonitis if you aren't careful

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Well I'm asking because I'm not a workout pro and I heard doing that exercise with heavy weights can cause elbow pain.

It's the exercise when you put a dumbbell behind your head and you're lifting it with both arms focusing on the triceps (over head tricep extension). I thought that what i put before was the name.

Wtf type of question is this...? Same with any other lift, practice perfect form and listen to your body. everybody built different and everything isn't for everybody especially if you don't have the flexibility

What is a tricep press anyway, close grip bench? because you can work your chest before and tire that out so you can focus on tris with a lower weight. If you talkin tricep extensions / skull crushers then yea take your time with those because you put a lot of stress on your elbows and can get tendonitis if you aren't careful

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Like everyone in here said don't worry about the weight. Proper form within the rep ranges that suite your goals. If you find those too easy, up the weight while still keeping proper form.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Who gives a fukk? You're not competing at the Olympics or going to face The Arsenal in the semi final of the Europa League are you -- NO you're not.

With the correct technique you can only go so far so if you can't go heavier drop the volume and increase the intensity to stress the muscle more.
-or-
Just train for functional strength that relates to real life and keep it moving.

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
Close grip bench :blessed:

I prefer single overhead db extensions. Volume over weight