How good is Neil Gaiman's American Gods?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Very good! I found it entertaining as hell, plus the writing was well done. I recommend it. I normally read literary fiction, so for me to really like it says something. Really it's a mixture of literary fiction and fantasy and noir

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very good! I found it entertaining as hell, plus the writing was well done. I recommend it. I normally read literary fiction, so for me to really like it says something. Really it's a mixture of literary fiction and fantasy and noir

Thanks man. Dude who recommended this book to me also recommended Dune, which was awful, so I wanted to proceed with caution.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This book was recommended to me a few months ago. It's been sitting on my hard drive since then cause I've got a long backlog of books to read. I wanna get around to it before the HBO adaptation starts.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
the person who recommended it to me pestered me about it for 2 straight years. But she also would drink a gallon of Gaiman's piss if he would shyt in her mouth afterwards.

with that being said, I thought it was a'aight. certainly not the be all and end all of american mythological literature.

It's also not a story that I can see The Rock stone facing his way through as the almost silent protagonist.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, it was alright. Around two-thirds in it kinda starts to drag and it felt like Gaiman cared more about a subplot he introduced halfway through than the actual main story, but overall it has some interesting and fun ideas. As far as Gaiman's work goes, I'd actually put it in the lower tier (of what I've read).