How does increasing muscular endurance affect appearance?

semtex

:)
Daps
Does it at all?

Training muscular endurance would mean using light loads for very high reps, for those not knowing.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think it depends how you go about it tbh. I mean If you ease through using light weight it's not beneficial at all.

But if you were to test your limits and really increased the volume it could really be beneficial. Like doing the 20 rep squats with high volume not just high reps could be a good example I think.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
It's not really training for muscle endurance but German Volume Training has the explicit aim of hypertrophy.

The same rules apply as anything though except you'll be doing hella reps. For example, 8x8 gives you a total of 64 reps (90 second rest) but once that's attained you increase the weight like any other workout.

I mix it up. One week higher volume, less weight (GVT type training). The next, lower volume heavier workout, for example 3 reps, 8 sets at about 95% of my 1 rep max (weightlifting comp style). I do it primarily because I enjoy it and it keeps me motivated. A slightly different type of challenge and feeling at the beginning of every week. But also, the endurance I get from the GVT helps out in those final reps of the weightlighting style workouts. The weightlighting style helps make it through those last sets with high reps as you have that strength base.

I wouldn't advise any type of high rep routine unless you have a solid strength base though even GVT.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
It's not really training for muscle endurance but German Volume Training has the explicit aim of hypertrophy.

The same rules apply as anything though except you'll be doing hella reps. For example, 8x8 gives you a total of 64 reps (90 second rest) but once that's attained you increase the weight like any other workout.

I mix it up. One week higher volume, less weight (GVT type training). The next, lower volume heavier workout, for example 3 reps, 8 sets at about 95% of my 1 rep max (weightlifting comp style). I do it primarily because I enjoy it and it keeps me motivated. A slightly different type of challenge and feeling at the beginning of every week. But also, the endurance I get from the GVT helps out in those final reps of the weightlighting style workouts. The weightlighting style helps make it through those last sets with high reps as you have that strength base.

I wouldn't advise any type of high rep routine unless you have a solid strength base though even GVT.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I think heavier compunds are what change your appearance in terms of muscle growth....that and maintaining a nice bf%

I do like mixing it up though