How do you toughen kids up?

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
My nephew is the sweetest little boy but I fear he's a little too sensible and rational for a child.

This kid really really logical, which is great in the adult world...but kids aint tryna hear all that. For example, if someone cuts in front of him at school...or get pushed...he'd rather let it slide than do something coz he doesn't want to get in trouble.

For now he's cool...but once he gets to middle/high school he's food :wow:

I was never bullied so I can't fathom how you can let others violate you...therefore I can't really bring out his inner savage.

Coli brehs with kids y'all experienced this?...how you get your kid on his :pacspit: shyt.

:wow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
When he gets old enough have him hit the gym, put him in boxing classes, have him play sports.

Therefore he can be rational and still have the brawn to handle whatever bullshyt comes his way.

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
mens-belt.jpg

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Somethin is gona have to happen to the kid in order for he/she to "toughen" up. The kid is gonna get teased, jumped or picked on. Some of us has a strong male figure or figures in our life to make us tough and/or prepare us to fight.

I come from a family that made you fight. My uncles, older cousins and pops all made sure the boys in the family could throw hands. But then even with those factors, a kid still
Can be a softy :manny:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Put him in some wrestling or boxing classes. :smile:

When he gets old enough have him hit the gym, put him in boxing classes, have him play sports.

Therefore he can be rational and still have the brawn to handle whatever bullshyt comes his way.

Somethin is gona have to happen to the kid in order for he/she to "toughen" up. The kid is gonna get teased, jumped or picked on. Some of us has a strong male figure or figures in our life to make us tough and/or prepare us to fight.

I come from a family that made you fight. My uncles, older cousins and pops all made sure the boys in the family could throw hands. But then even with those factors, a kid still
Can be a softy :manny:

He's not ''soft'' physically...he's ok size wise for his age...so I don't think his fighting ability is the problem. More so..he doesn't want to hurt others or be violent.

He's way too nice.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
He's not ''soft'' physically...he's ok size wise for his age...so I don't think his fighting ability is the problem. More so..he doesn't want to hurt others or be violent.

He's way too nice.

its nothin wrong with bein a nice/respectful kid. But at some point that "nice guy" emotion has to be turned off when he is in danger

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

He's way too nice.
Give him knowledge about people who will try to use him and give him examples.

Or he might be the learn from experience kind of guy then you can't do much but let him learn for himself.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If he is a logical kid then you could logically explain to him that he needs to be tougher.

Or you could just let him be a kid. The real world will toughen him up as he gets older.