How Do You Feel to Be in a Time with So Many Black Women Headlining TV Shows?

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How to get away with murder :ohlawd:

I love viola Davis and she plays that role perfectly. I'm not a big fan of the other shows. (Used to be a big fan of scandal before it got kinda boring)

I hope we get more shows with black women leads. I love to see black women dominating television. :blessed:

JMill782

All Star
Daps
i like seeing Black women getting good roles on TV but i wish they had more shows that both Black men and Black women can enjoy. i don't really like Scandal, Empire, or Being Mary Jane cause some of the shyt i seen and understanding a certain agenda they putting out.
:yeshrug: just my opinion.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i like seeing Black women getting good roles on TV but i wish they had more shows that both Black men and Black women can enjoy. i don't really like Scandal, Empire, or Being Mary Jane cause some of the shyt i seen and understanding a certain agenda they putting out.
:yeshrug: just my opinion.
What is the "agenda" in Being Mary Jane?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I love viola Davis and she plays that role perfectly. I'm not a big fan of the other shows. (Used to be a big fan of scandal before it got kinda boring)

I hope we get more shows with black women leads. I love to see black women dominating television. :blessed:
Yes, Scandal is boring as fukk, but I still tune in. Somewhere along the way they just took a wrong turn.
How to Get Away with Murder is a great suspenseful drama! Love it.

JMill782

All Star
Daps
What is the "agenda" in Being Mary Jane?

they are doing some swirl agenda. my homegirl who watches it told me that Mary Jane is dating some White dude. i told her watch them make that White dude somebody who cares for her, make him look like some dude who is different from the rest, making it seem like he is a ''White savior''. notice how all the Black men she has been with on the show, are usually the same. they all some cheating ass nikkas, or some motherfukker with kids and a wife or some type of fukking problem. it just shows stereotypes that black women do better white men, that black men ain't shyt, etc.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
All the shows I watch don't have a leading black woman :mjcry:

Don't know if Monica Raymund counts

Last edited:

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money

honestly thought I would hate this show but :ehh:it aint bad.

there is nothing to like about scandal tho.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
I don't mean to be harsh, but I do want to benefit y'all. Watching television is for losers. Television will mess up your life and eat away at your success. Instead, please do something beneficial for yourself and others!