How do you bounce back from a tough weekend?

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
This weekend I struggled. The diet was off beat (fast food and tons of alcohol) and no working out.

Whenever I have a rough weekend, I go hard the next week. Start of by drinking tons of green tea, strict diet, sometimes I clean my system out with probiotics and go hard on my workouts.

What does everyone else do to bounce back?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Same thing as you. Lots of water, lots of cardio and lots of fiber.

But, it's worth noting that you don't want to get into a habit of taking 2 steps M-F only to take 1.5 steps back Sat - Sun. I know I've been guilty of it. Alcohol, eating poorly and the like. I'll bloat up heavily but by T/Wed I'll be back to my baseline. However, it'll impede any progress your trying to make, especially weight loss.

Best thing is to try not to fall off the wagon in the first place, but if it does happen, getting back up as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Same with y'all...but what I'm doing now is drinking more wine instead of beer or mixed drinks. I notice beer makes me bloated and I feel even worst drinking beer vs wine and liquor. And mixed drinks got added calories and sugar so I slowed down on that too. Also, I rarely smoke now cuz y'all know blazin can give u those munchies (and alcohol can too when u go to the bar to watch a game or chill).

I just go hard the next week. Don't drink sodas much at all now and I wouldn't drink any sodas or sweet tea that next week, only water and lemon water. No fried foods or ubhealthy fast foods that week either. Only cleaner and baked or grilled foods. If I do fast food....only chick fil a grilled nuggets, salads, or a spot like Boston market and get the turkey or rotisserie chicken and sides like steamed veggies and sweet potatoes.