How do y'all eat clean and get your calories in brehs?

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
man whether im cutting or bulking and trying to eat healthy, i feel like its almost impossible to get to my requirements. i'm cutting right now and while i get my protein in, im still struggling to get my cals in. i end up having to eat some bullshyt to make sure i dont eat too low of calories. what do you guys eat to get there? any tips?

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I eat HELLA clean in a cut but I need BS to hit my numbers in a bulk. Usually when I cut I get down to like 2000kcal alone.... 1500 of that is protein and non negotiable shyt like fiber and vegetables.
what do you eat for those 1500? right now i pretty much just eat grilled chicken and that shyt just is too low to add up to the 1800 cals i need.

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I've been eating lots of potatoes lately... it's one of those carbs that my body likes for some reason compared to other carbs...

My muscles feel full the next day...

Kano

All Star
Daps
Can someone tell me the benefit of bulking and cutting?

If you eat clean and eat enough cals a day what's the point of bulking if you want to maintain body fat percentage? Thanks

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Truth be told low carb never worked for me breh. It did for a big but I always gained it right back.

I lost a lot of weight tho doing something like intermittent fasting, combined with timing my carbs, a small deficit, exercise galore.

Like I would try to aim for 225 grams of protein. If eat some carbs I. The morn, mainly oatmeal but after 5 it was pretty much no to look lil carbs and no calories after 730.

bulking for me is easy. Controlling far gain is the hard part which usually is just a matter of not eating too much over.

el3mentary

Piff Wallace
Daps
Reppin
West, West
Can someone tell me the benefit of bulking and cutting?

If you eat clean and eat enough cals a day what's the point of bulking if you want to maintain body fat percentage? Thanks

Bulking is to build muscle. Your body needs a surplus of calories and adequate protein to recover and build muscle from working out . With this comes inevitable fat gain which is where cutting comes in. Cutting helps lose the fat from bulking while also giving u that "shredded" look. If you are satisfied with the body percentage you're at now then u dont really need to focus on bulk/cut.

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
I eat HELLA clean in a cut but I need BS to hit my numbers in a bulk. Usually when I cut I get down to like 2000kcal alone.... 1500 of that is protein and non negotiable shyt like fiber and vegetables.
Could you give me some good and tasty sources of protein. A nikka not trying to eat chicken and protein shakes all day

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Could you give me some good and tasty sources of protein. A nikka not trying to eat chicken and protein shakes all day
Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts

Google some simple recipes.... honey mustard chicken thighs.... crockpot shyt.... etc

Chicken is very versatile, u just gotta put a little time in to finesse it. I'm making chicken thighs for the week right now

Here's a recipe I like and have been doing for a while

http://cooklikeajamaican.com/new-recipe-brown-stew-chicken/

Mix that with like 150kcal of rice.... nice meal and you can make them in bulk

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
How do y'all get tired of chicken?

I just make my shyt in mad different ways .

So I usually grill a bunch of chicken tenders for the week .

Grilled chicken / sweet potatoe / asperagus or broccoli .

Grilled chicken /quinoa / asperagus or broccoli

Grilled chicken spinach salad / feta / tomatoes / avocado/ egg

Grilled chicken wrap / spinach / avacado as spread / feta / tomatoes. Side of veggies asperagus or broccoli

Grilled chicken sandwich / egg / avacado / spinach maybe feta .

In between all his I also eat ground turkey to mix it up .

Sometimes I put it in a wrap or just mix it with my quinoa :whew: so much protein .

Also I mix in mix veggies and still top off with more fresh veggies on the side .