How do we feel about light cardio on “off” days overtraining brehs...?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I actually feel like it’s better than not doin anything because I do 2-3 day splits back to back twice a week. On my seventh day I’ll still do cardio on the bike, walkin incline or some bullshyt and my body will feel better than if I actually rested and did absolutely nothing

That with stretching and the whirlpool has me feeling like I can lift everyday if I wanted to, I don’t believe in overtraining anyway for an experienced lifter if they know what they’re doing and how to structure their workouts.

What y’all think about it :jbhmm:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm doing cardio in let days on a cut so it's probably fine

Just keep it low impact. I wanted to do cardio in my bulk but life for in the way and I managed to control my weight without it. But I think it's a good idea.

I'm lucky in that I can lift at lunch so night time is like a new day for workouts

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I actually feel like it’s better than not doin anything because I do 2-3 day splits back to back twice a week. On my seventh day I’ll still do cardio on the bike, walkin incline or some bullshyt and my body will feel better than if I actually rested and did absolutely nothing

That with stretching and the whirlpool has me feeling like I can lift everyday if I wanted to, I don’t believe in overtraining anyway for an experienced lifter if they know what they’re doing and how to structure their workouts.

:myman:

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps

I agree . too many ppl think overtraining is pain ...nah real overtraining is when your cns stops firing you get flu symptoms you can't pick up a pencil and ya "man won't jump" for a day or 2 shyt only happens if you do a suicidal amount of training ie full body everyday for 2 3 hrs a day like a fukking idiot
As far as cardio on off days y'all know how it starts lol first its just a couple stretches and light shyt then a fast walk then u get some pep in ya motherfukking step and 30 minutes later you've got in some miles lol

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@Luck the CNS shyt is real especially when you do powerlift/heavy compounds. As it’s been said, moderate cardio...light accessory work and even a roller will help

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Man, I HATE off days. I may not lift every day, but I gotta do something. Play golf, run some hoops, 45 on the treadmill....shyt, something.