how do nikkas feel about Alan Moore

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Watchmen is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced.
Same. This book spoke me to on multiple levels, it is just perfection. I was watching another video about it after I posted this one peep this comment:

"Cool fact about the watchmen. Towards the middle of a book is a section called "Perfect Symmetry". If you go to the middle of that section you'll notice two pages which are the same cell shapes across the pages, and if you move outward from there, the cell shapes will be identical. So a page divided into three rows may have a long row on top, two cells in the middle and a long cell on bottom, will be mirrored with the same on another page. It's pretty cool."

:mindblown:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard it was good but have no desire to play some PS2 nightmare mystery game

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I watched the movie years a go and I wasn't impressed. Read the comic a couple months ago and it blew my mind.

Now, I haven't seen the film in years so it's difficult to pinpoint the exact grievances I had with it, but one of the things I remembered was how poorly the fight scenes were executed. Snyder didn't understand the comic at all.

Remember at the beginning of the comic there were two detectives investigating the comedian's death? One of the things they pointed out was that there had to be two assailants because there was no way in hell one guy could have dispatched the comedian in such a fashion. I thought that was smart because it basically does two things at once; Firstly, it tells the audience that this super hero story is a bit more grounded and there are no Batmans here doing impossible physical feats and second, it throws you off Ozymandias' scent

But the movie got characters doing things like this:stopitslime::

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I watched the movie years a go and I wasn't impressed. Read the comic a couple months ago and it blew my mind.

Now, I haven't seen the film in years so it's difficult to pinpoint the exact grievances I had with it, but one of the things I remembered was how poorly the fight scenes were executed. Snyder didn't understand the comic at all.

Remember at the beginning of the comic there were two detectives investigating the comedian's death? One of the things they pointed out was that there had to be two assailants because there was no way in hell one guy could have dispatched the comedian in such a fashion. I thought that was smart because it basically does two things at once; Firstly, it tells audience that this super hero story is a bit more grounded and there are no Batmans here doing impossible physical feats and second, it throws you off Ozymandias' scent

But the movie got characters doing things like this:stopitslime::

Yeah I took it as a compromise. You can't have a comic book movie where the action is extremely realistic. That's just boring and couple that with this being a very talky/philosophical movie he had to spice it up. So he made the action over the top.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
For an old ass nikka who don't read comics anymore he always has a lot to say about em. That being said his writing is dope om multiple levels. His neonomicon was unnerving though.