How do I shut down family members trying to push 5linx on me?

RawlDough

Pro
Daps
My pops has been pushing this shyt on me for almost 6 months now and I always hit him with the :beli:

I keep ducking and dodging the meetings but he persists.....how do y'all handle when people push shyt like this on you and then try to insult your intelligence when you decline?

It's obviously a scam but I don't know how to convey that without straining our relationship :snoop:

PS- yes I'm a black male and yes I know my dad. CACs :umad:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My pops has been pushing this shyt on me for almost 6 months now and I always hit him with the :beli:

I keep ducking and dodging the meetings but he persists.....how do y'all handle when people push shyt like this on you and then try to insult your intelligence when you decline?

It's obviously a scam but I don't know how to convey that without straining our relationship :snoop:

PS- yes I'm a black male and yes I know my dad. CACs :umad:

I tell them i dont want to go and im not interested. Sadly, the thirst for money is so real that people will allow these pyramid schemes to ruin their families. They look at everyone they know as a mark and try to pull them into the scheme. Before they know it, it becomes an us v.s them group where they only trust people within their money cult. They wake up when the pyramid collapses and someone walks away with all the money but until then, they are trying to get all of their memberships so they can make money off people getting membership. Rarely are people making dough from all of these commissions. Its all about signups.

Again, friend, i would tell them im not interested and to stop asking me about it. If they put a strain on our personal relationship over a pyramid scheme well i guess its obvious they have a demon in them and may need some time to snap out of it like hypnotists. Lets not let our desire to keep our parents acceptance allow us to cater to demonic filth or stay silent when someone is stepping out of bounds in a relationship thats supposed to be based on love.

Its so demonic, friend. :sitdown:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I don't wanna crush anyone else's dreams and I feel like pops will hit me with the :childplease:...I don't care if he does it I just want him to leave me out of it.

so you would rather allow them to push something on you that youve made clear you arent interested in then simply tell them how you geniunely feel and respond to any rebuttals made to your objections with what you know to be true? A truth which, at at the very least, will make it clear to them why you arent interested and get them to leave you alone.........

at the point someone disregards your personal feelings (which is exactly what they are doing when they push something on you you dont want) is when you speak candidly.

SMH..............

Be doormats brehs

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Forget crushing their dreams...you are doing them a favor by telling them how much of a scam it is...every time they push that crap on you push back with how you don't want to see them follow this pyramid scheme

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
A bunch of people I used to be around used to be into that Primerica/ACN shyt heavy so I know EXACTLY what you're going through right now, I used to get hounded with that stuff around the clock. After dancing around the issue with them for a while I just started telling them I refuse to endorse a business model that thrives off selling false dreams of success to people.

The entire premise of places like 5Linx, ACN etc is to convince people that they can be extremely successful salesmen when in reality 90% of the population just aint built for that line of work. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to persist through someone shutting them down numerous times until they finally submit and let you drag them to a meeting. You're not gonna find that trait in most people; I don't possess it myself. People get suckered into going to meetings and get caught up in all the :duck: from the speakers and start thinking they can do shyt like that too. At the Primerica meeting I went to they planted this 19 year old Asian kid in the back and when the speaker was talking about how quickly you can make things happen this fool jumps out his seat and goes "Like me, Paul! I've been in Primerica for a year and I'm already making $275K a year! :gladbron:"

2 weeks later I go check out this ACN meeting down in Reno with somebody else, THEY GOT THE SAME ASIAN DUDE IN THE BACK :russ:

The sales aspect is just a front, really. All they want you to do is to get signees by annoying the shyt out of every friend, family member, and any other individual you've ever come in contact with in your life about how great of an opportunity the business is and how they're doing themselves a huge disservice by not jumping on the opportunity. The money's in the commission, not the actual product. You build a pyramid "team" by convincing dumb nikkas to pay the $100+ entry fee to join and then you make a certain % of residual for every person your recruits bring in and so on.

After a while these nikkas go to so many meetings and rub shoulders with "millionaires" that they get brainwashed into thinking the company actually gives a fukk about them and start thinking they're a 5Linx millionaire too and forget they're still that one dude around the block who still push his aunties 98 Honda Civic with 250,000 miles on it. Once they hit that point, you just gotta let em go. From that point onward at every party, smoke session, barbecue, baptism, basketball game, funeral, bar mitzvah, or what ever other social function they attend you'll see them abducting nikkas and dragging them into the shadows talkin bout "aye, you like makin money right? :mjpls:"

Last edited:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Me and my best friends almost had a falling out over some shyt similar to that back in 09' He kept trying to get me to go to the meetings but I was like " :stopitslime: just tell me what the hell they gonna tell me in the meeting bruh, you know I don't have time for bullshyt like that." He kept insisiting I go until i just kinda stopped fukkin with him for a while, about a year and half later this nikka pops up and don lost his crib and was staying back with his moms, I'm just like :snoop: I tried to tell you that was some bullshyt bruh. We cool now but that shyt was too annoying back when he was going hard with it...

I tried to tell him, any plan/scheme.job that starts off with them telling you to make a list of 50 of your closest family/friends/co workers you already know its some bullshyt..

Daps
Reppin
St louis
As a ex hustler my people know i'd see through it....

family member: you gotta get with this shyt here fam:jawalrus:
me: how much money and how soon?:patrice:
family member: well you gotta find people to sign up:whoo:
me: so it's white collar fed time shyt huh?:mjpls:
family member: not at all man....see you gotta:beli:
me: it's some high tech 3 card molly shyt:patrice:
family member: :beli:
me: man fukk that shyt:camby:

256zj9t.gif

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The thirst for money is so real, brehs. Have you out of your element, brainwashed even. It's fukkin insane, brehs.:laff:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If anyone steps to you about business on some "make a zillion dollars a year!" or some "extravagant lifestyle!" nonsense aka the flashy shyt first instead of discussing the VALUE you'll be providing to others first, then get the fukk out. Your Spider Sense should be out of fukkin control. Bail when niccas step to you all like:stylin:. Getting money is all about making other people's lives better. Fukk money chasers. They're livin that treadmill lifestyle. You run at the dough directly and it will elude the fukk out of you.

It's insane how many gullible people there are out here the game. That being said, I dont really get confrontational or annoyed with them. I just hit em with the :whoa: , leave, and continue to:mj: out chea.

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
tell em no and let your no mean no. they keep talking hit em with the :stopitslime: face

basically this. you just gotta tell them to go on somewhere with that bullshyt and not budge one bit. Their whole tactic is to hit you over the head with that "this is a one-way ticket to a new life" and "aint you tired of working at Dillards? :mjpls: man come on lets get this money" bullshyt until you finally cave in and let them take you to one of their cult meetings seminars.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You're a grown ass man. Just tell them you're not interested and leave it at that. fukk they gonna do, take away your allowance?

I've been to many seminars over the years and they operate exactly like cults anyway. Rick Ross (the cult expert) speaks about shyt like that.