How do I get nice in 2k?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I’m good at park, but trash at real games, tried playing on everything after pro, but it’s a struggle.

I’m trying to get nice

:mjgrin:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Park is just constant cheese :skip:. Turboing around and trying to break ankles and hoist up half court shots. If you want to be good in the regular game modes then play ball as it's meant to be played.

But how tho? nikkas always steal the ball from me and I can’t steal shyt back, then nikkas always use that bullshyt charge shyt to make me run into them.

Idk how them nikkas do it.

Then my shots don’t be going in, shyt be cheesing.

Playing on anything after pro is like a fukkin battle of back n forth.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The shot meter sucks to me, especially on layups, da fukk is that.

But I have gotten much much better playing MYGM with the shot meter off. I would always see the "late" after shooting and be thinking too hard making adjustments, once I turned it off it became more intuitive.

But how tho? nikkas always steal the ball from me and I can’t steal shyt back, then nikkas always use that bullshyt charge shyt to make me run into them.

Idk how them nikkas do it.

Then my shots don’t be going in, shyt be cheesing.

Playing on anything after pro is like a fukkin battle of back n forth.

They don't want people camping out in MYGM earning VC so they make the settings ridiculous.

I been a HOF gamer on 2k for like 10 fukking years, I tried to play this on All-Star was really trying to force myself to just get better on the fly til you realize how much the sliders are set to make it so everything the computer throws up goes in and how you gotta have perfect release AND little contention to get a bucket. Even making the shyt 50/50 shooting will leave you looking like ass if you just picked the game up. The movement is purposely stiff to make sure it's impossible to get around your defender too.

I dunno if sliders work across platform but if you on PS4 try Becoming2k20. Still not easy, but they made the movement more fluid and the shooting more even. And from there remember that the difficulty levels are mostly indicators of how much the comp penalizes you on your release timing.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I Haven't Played 2K In Forever, I Only DLd This shyt Cause It Was $3, EVERY Shot I Shoot Is "Late" Seems Like Some Real Bullshyt

This.

Bought it 2 weeks ago and havent touched it yet. lol

But when I do I wanna be able to be good at it.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The shot meter sucks to me, especially on layups, da fukk is that.

But I have gotten much much better playing MYGM with the shot meter off. I would always see the "late" after shooting and be thinking too hard making adjustments, once I turned it off it became more intuitive.

They don't want people camping out in MYGM earning VC so they make the settings ridiculous.

I been a HOF gamer on 2k for like 10 fukking years, I tried to play this on All-Star was really trying to force myself to just get better on the fly til you realize how much the sliders are set to make it so everything the computer throws up goes in and how you gotta have perfect release AND little contention to get a bucket. Even making the shyt 50/50 shooting will leave you looking like ass if you just picked the game up. The movement is purposely stiff to make sure it's impossible to get around your defender too.

I dunno if sliders work across platform but if you on PS4 try Becoming2k20. Still not easy, but they made the movement more fluid and the shooting more even. And from there remember that the difficulty levels are mostly indicators of how much the comp penalizes you on your release timing.

Glad I ain’t the only one dealing with this shyt

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
One does not get nice in 2k. You have to practice Danielson

Karate-Kid-Yellow-Ford.png

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I echo the same complaints about the shot meter. Everything is late, and there shouldn't be a shot meter on layups. Difficult to get around defenders, pnrs are defensed perfectly. If I am not in transition I am struggling to score.