How do I build muscle?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Do I do high weight/low reps, low weight/high reps or lift till fatigue?

Ive always liked lifting weights, but I never did it to build muscle. Its something ive decided to try now. Also, is it good to try to build muscle while trying to lose weight?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do I do high weight/low reps, low weight/high reps or lift till fatigue?

Ive always liked lifting weights, but I never did it to build muscle. Its something ive decided to try now. Also, is it good to try to build muscle while trying to lose weight?
From my experience you have to eat more for muscle gain . So losing weight at same time will be hard .

I've basically started taking advise of a few posters & elsewhere to bulk then cut back.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You can build muscle lifting in a lot of different ways. Consistency with a program that has you hitting upper and lower body parts with solid volume at least twice a week is key. Also your nutrition has to be on point to provide the fuel for the stimulus the lifting is creating.

Building muscle and losing weight........not achievable enough for a casual lifter to worry about IMO.

You have to really assess where you are and what you really want to achieve. We can all sit here and throw out tips and methods but if you don’t have a real tangible goal.......you could waste a lot of time.

Last edited: