How do GoFundme's work?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
My mother went to the hospital a week and a half ago, on that same day a friend of mines mom went in.

My mother is rehabbing and will make as full of a recovery as an elderly woman can. But my friends mom :rip:

My mom is prepared, paid for her grave/etc fukkin 20yrs ago. That shyt never seemed right with me but now I see why it's a must. My friends mom was not prepared and neither is his family. So he just hit me up emotionally talking about how they can't bury her, and that after the Va vets paid towards it that they still need $14,000 to do it.

So I want to set up a GoFundMe or something but I'm turning to the coli community for suggestions and basically a walkthrough of sorts. Thanks in advance :handshake:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sorry to hear about your mom and her friend.
Thank God I haven't had to bury any close family members yet. I've lost a few good friends but I know that pain won't compare to the loss of close family when that time comes.
No trolling; I just googled Go Fund Me FAQ and found some great info:

Some points that stick out are:
Is GoFundMe free?
The GoFundMe platform is free. A standard transaction fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation allows for credit card processing and safe transfer of funds.

Are there any deadlines or time limits?
No, never. With GoFundMe, there are no deadlines or time limits. Your campaign will remain live until you choose to turn off donations or remove the campaign altogether. Most organizers leave their campaigns active indefinitely to refer back to the kind comments and support they received.

What if I don't reach my goal?
No problem. Reaching your goal is not required. With GoFundMe, you keep each and every donation you receive. Your campaign will be able to accept donations even after your goal is reached. Once the goal is reached, the progress meter on your campaign will show that you have received more than your goal amount. If you’d like to continue raising money, you can keep your campaign running for as long as you’d like.

How do I withdraw funds from my campaign?
Once your GoFundMe starts receiving online donations, you can easily request a withdrawal at any time. Withdrawing money does not affect the progress meter displayed on your campaign. Simply click ‘Withdraw’ while logged into your account and follow the instructions. You can withdraw your balance directly to your bank account. Bank transfers take 2-5 business days to arrive. US organizers and beneficiaries may also request a check.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@Kamikaze Revy whatever image or video you posted doesn't show on my phone, the info did tho so :salute:

Again, it's my friends mom. Not me. It just reached home because I didn't think my mother was gonna make it. Doctors was asking about wills n shyt, I'm like "is it that serious?" It could have been but it wasn't. Close call...she'll be ok. I hit my friend up a few days later and he's like "she
Lasted one day and was gone" and that shyt hit me like :merchant: my mom's alive but I still feel I should have spent more time with her. I shouldn't have that urgency because of her health. So for now on I move different...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy whatever image or video you posted doesn't show on my phone, the info did tho so :salute:

Again, it's my friends mom. Not me. It just reached home because I didn't think my mother was gonna make it. Doctors was asking about wills n shyt, I'm like "is it that serious?" It could have been but it wasn't. Close call...she'll be ok. I hit my friend up a few days later and he's like "she
Lasted one day and was gone" and that shyt hit me like :merchant: my mom's alive but I still feel I should have spent more time with her. I shouldn't have that urgency because of her health. So for now on I move different...
I definitely know the feeling even though I haven't had a scare like you did.
My parents are both in their 50's and even though I spend at least 2 days a week with them I still feel like it's not enough.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
My mother went to the hospital a week and a half ago, on that same day a friend of mines mom went in.

My mother is rehabbing and will make as full of a recovery as an elderly woman can. But my friends mom :rip:

My mom is prepared, paid for her grave/etc fukkin 20yrs ago. That shyt never seemed right with me but now I see why it's a must. My friends mom was not prepared and neither is his family. So he just hit me up emotionally talking about how they can't bury her, and that after the Va vets paid towards it that they still need $14,000 to do it.

So I want to set up a GoFundMe or something but I'm turning to the coli community for suggestions and basically a walkthrough of sorts. Thanks in advance :handshake:
I hope you and especially your mother, make it through this.

GoFundMe is easy, yet hard. Some people go viral and get all the money plus some... I've seen heartbreaking shyt get $100 total, as well. It's essentially marketing, just like any other "product". You're going to have to sell your sob story through texts, pics and where/to whom you're posting the link... I'd start off with your REAL friends and family first. Then start branching it out into the public, mass posts, type of deal.

But it's hard. Don't count on anything

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Came in ready to make an over played mattress joke, but nah cant do it. Sorry bout your moms, and your friends mom. Hope they get enough from a go fund me to help....i guess after its set up is to market it on FB and make sure you make it shareable as well as have him send the link to everyone he/his mom knows directly so it doesnt get over looked. Good luck.