How did the heart become the symbol of love?

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Last time I Checked, the only purpose of the heart was to pump blood, not to express emotions or make decisions. Where did this start from and who fed us this bullshyt?

My heart is broken.

I love her. I feel it in my heart.

I got a big heart that's why I care so much.

WTF? I know I'm not the only person who thought about this..

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
In religious texts the heart was historically ascribed much mystical significance, either as metaphor or as an organ genuinely believed to have spiritual or divine attributes.[citation needed]
In Egyptian mythology, the heart portion of the soul was weighed in a balance against the feather of Ma'at, symbolising truth, in the judgment of the dead in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Egyptian sources do not actually reveal whether the heart had to be lighter than the feather for the deceased to pass into paradise—all depictions show only the weighing of the heart, not the actual results, heavier or lighter.
Similarly, in the Bible, this idea emerges in the earliest passages; Genesis 6:5 situates the thoughts of evil men in their hearts, and Exodus 5 through 12 speak repeatedly of the Lord "hardening Pharaoh's heart." By this it is meant that God made Pharaoh resolve not to let the Israelite slaves leave Egypt, in order to bring judgment against Pharaoh and demonstrate his power: "'Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them'" (Exodus 10:1). In the Book of Jeremiah 17:9, it is written that the Lord is the judge who "tries" the human heart.
The Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary are traditional Roman Catholic devotional images.44
:troll:

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
It's a metaphysical thing that transcends universally...the chakra that is the energetic seat of feelings of love, compassion, charity is located nearest to the heart. It is also the first of the higher chakras so when they say "follow your heart" that's really saying follow your highest self not your superficial, egoic self. Same reason they say people intuitively feel shyt in their guts.

And now you know :ahh:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
tumblr_m1kj2hWHOI1rsrx5co1_500.gif

Edit: NVM. Mims was sweet enough to post it for you.

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because its spiritually the seat of the emotions.
You are talking about physiological factors.

The heart is where you actually FEEL the emotion. Whether its when you are in fear you feel a sharp knife in your heart. When you love or feel joy there is a flutter in the heart. When you hate there is a hardness to it.