How come America doesn't have more animated action shows for adults?

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Culture. Most animated shows are still culturally viewed as for kids in the US which affects the maturity level of the shows. Plus sometimes they want shows supplemented by toy sales to cover some costs, and most adults arent buying toys like that.

However all that could be changing now thanks to Anime/Mangas popularity and streaming.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There was a focus on comedy animation for an older crowd going back to the Flintstones.

There have also been several attempts to do this before it’s just right place, right time, right property, right streaming service. That Voc Machina DnD cartoon and the League of Legends cartoon are recent semi hits, meanwhile Kevin Smith MOTU is also out there…. They just don’t have the right mix like Invincible and X-Men do.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
There was a focus on comedy animation for an older crowd going back to the Flintstones.

There have also been several attempts to do this before it’s just right place, right time, right property, right streaming service. That Voc Machina DnD cartoon and the League of Legends cartoon are recent semi hits, meanwhile Kevin Smith MOTU is also out there…. They just don’t have the right mix like Invincible and X-Men do.
Yeah I like MOTU it's a good serious show. It just seems like there could be a lot more shows like it

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Invincible
X-Men 97
My Adventures with Superman
Arcane
Castlevania
Blood of Zeus
Ark
Scavengers Reign
Batman Caped Crusader coming
Primal
Unicorn Warriors Eternal
Blue Eye Samurai

Could be better of course, but this is the best time it's ever been for adult animation. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Invincible
X-Men 97
My Adventures with Superman
Arcane
Castlevania
Blood of Zeus
Ark
Scavengers Reign
Batman Caped Crusader coming
Primal
Unicorn Warriors Eternal

Could be better off course, but this is the best time it's ever been for adult animation. :yeshrug:
I guess it could worse.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea, there’s actually a fair number of them… from Cyberpunk to Arcane to Castlevania. Tho they’re not all of that quality.

I think the bigger surprise (for me) is that I never realized how long it took to produce animated shows. I guess I just assumed once we evolved from flip page drawings to computers that shyt would be faster but it’s definitely or apparently years and years still.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
As successful as X-Men 97 and Invincible seem to be ratings wise compared to other shyt it's not ranking that high. I was actually surprised by that.