How can publix afford to pay there employees so much more

Daps
I mean if people wanted to save money wouldnt walmart be a better option? I mean what differentiates this business to keep it viable. I dont see how they could do 9 to 10 dollar a hour with their competition.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
because Publix is seen(and rightfully so) as a higher quality place to shop. you also get much better customer service there as well. I worked for publix for 2 years while in college, they value customer service big time, plus they only promote from within. A higher wage = a better employee most of the time

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
have you had their chicken tender sub? shytttt, they could charge me $15 for it in order to pay their employees more and I'd do it every time

Publix is one of the best companies to work for. The stock options you get after being there for a certain time basically serve as your retirement because Publix ain't going anywhere

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I was at Food World and I didn't get paid that much, but that was 17 years ago. With them closing down I wouldn't make that much there now. Probably still minimum wage. But you can tell that Publix takes there customer service very seriously. The only other place that I think would rival that would be Whole Foods.