How can I bulk while wearing fast braces?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
A lot of you probably don't know what I'm asking, so let me further explain.

I'm getting fast braces put in my mouth in 2 weeks. I already have part of them in, but I'm not experiencing much pain at the moment. My dentist told me that when I get all of the wires put in, I will be experiencing very intense pain.

Fast braces are much more painful than normal braces because they're designed to speed up progress. He told me that one of his patients lost a lot of weight while they were on fast braces, because it was difficult for them to eat with the braces in. I will be wearing mine for 3-5 months.

I'm already skinny as fukk, but I started seriously lifting this summer and I've made quite a bit of progress. I'm about 15 pounds away from my goal.

I will be hitting the gym 6 days a week starting in September. Do you all have any suggestions as to what I can eat that will help me bulk up, but at the same time, won't be difficult for me to eat? Also, should I focus more on calories or protein?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Braces? :what: What are you, a fourteen year old white girl? Did you just get your period and learn how to finger yourself too?

But seriously, are you sure you want to be bulking at this time and not just maintaining?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Drink largely protein shakes with coconut or MCT oil for the extra cals?

Is this a question or a typo?

Braces? :what: What are you, a fourteen year old white girl? Did you just get your period and learn how to finger yourself too?

But seriously, are you sure you want to be bulking at this time and not just maintaining?

:stopitslime:

Yes I definitely need to bulk.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@The Nigerian's CACcent Never understood making fun of people that get braces. Yeah older people look goofy but take them off and your smile game is immaculate.

Anyway bro, I know the deal. You're not gonna properly eat stuff for a little while. Braces are gonna fukking suck for a while and when they get tightened :damn:

But I suggest you just hit'em with the protein shakes. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy one of those carb + protein blends for meal replacement. Don't worry about going crazy with protein. Make sure you at least hit your daily caloric surplus.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
@The Nigerian's CACcent Never understood making fun of people that get braces. Yeah older people look goofy but take them off and your smile game is immaculate.

Anyway bro, I know the deal. You're not gonna properly eat stuff for a little while. Braces are gonna fukking suck for a while and when they get tightened :damn:

But I suggest you just hit'em with the protein shakes. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy one of those carb + protein blends for meal replacement. Don't worry about going crazy with protein. Make sure you at least hit your daily caloric surplus.

Oh, another thing, do you have a link to a calculator where I can find out what my caloric surplus is? I'm pretty sure I've been hitting it, since I've gained weight since I've started lifting, but I would like to know for sure.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, another thing, do you have a link to a calculator where I can find out what my caloric surplus is? I'm pretty sure I've been hitting it, since I've gained weight since I've started lifting, but I would like to know for sure.

Just google for one bro. Myfitnesspal had a good one. I used that for my first cut and it worked perfectly, didn't use it for bulking but I know they have one.

I don't really use calculators anymore, I just count all my cals in my head, but I've been doing it for a few years now so it's all second nature to me at this point.

My rule of thumb was 13-15 x bodyweight for bulking. Honestly that's prolly not enough though depending on your activity level. The golden rule number I used to use was 3000 cals

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Just google for one bro. Myfitnesspal had a good one. I used that for my first cut and it worked perfectly, didn't use it for bulking but I know they have one.

I don't really use calculators anymore, I just count all my cals in my head, but I've been doing it for a few years now so it's all second nature to me at this point.

My rule of thumb was 13-15 x bodyweight for bulking. Honestly that's prolly not enough though depending on your activity level. The golden rule number I used to use was 3000 cals

Alright, so let's say I'm 165 and I want to gain 5 pounds. To bulk, do I do 13-15 x 165 or 13-15 x 170? :patrice:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright, so let's say I'm 165 and I want to gain 5 pounds. To bulk, do I do 13-15 x 165 or 13-15 x 170? :patrice:

Again, I don't know your activity level. But you always want to use your body weight with these calculations. Don't use 13, go with 15 x body weight. That worked for me but at a certain point I stopped giving a fukk about exact numbers and I just used my golden rule number of 3000.

FYI, I stole this calculation from the basement dwellers over at fourchan and after re-reading the sticky, they actually use 16-18 x bodyweight to bulk

18 x 165 is actually 2970.

So yeah, try my 3000 calorie reccomendation out and see if that works for you.

Remember the key with bulking is upping your carbs. You'll hit your protein requirement but it's hard to hit 3000 cals off of mostly protein, you'll feel too full if you do mostly protein.

Rice and pasta are great, and I personally love golden/white potatoes. I use potatoes for cutting and bulking actually.

Since it'll be tougher to consume the carbs with the braces early on, I reccomend looking into some meal replacement whey blends that give you carbs in addition to protein.

You can also buy carb powders to add to your protein shakes for added calorie manipulation, but be forewarned, these taste really gritty.

The key to bulking is hitting the cals. Macronutrients are sort of important but I don't care about fitting them exactly, and frnakly, for someone like you, it won't matter all that much.

Just try to hit 3000 cals, 100+ grams of protein, carbs to help with extra cals, watch fat intake i.e. try to stay below 90g of dietary fat and you're good to go.

Cals will have the greatest influence on your body composition but yes more dietary fat can cause more fat to be retained as you gain mass

semtex

:)
Daps
Oatmeal shakes:

2 cups oats
2-3 cups whole milk
Serving of peanut butter
1-2 servings of coconut oil or olive oil
1-2 scoops of whey

Add water as needed

Put it all in a blender, drank it dine :jawalrus: