how are those adidas powerlifting shoes brehs?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
are they worth it? seen a few people at the gym with them.

http://www.adidas.com/us/men-weightlifting

adipower-h1_1.jpg

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I've had Adidas Olympic weightlifting shoes.
First, they were pretty tight. I have wide feet so it was quite uncomfortable. This version is similar except it doesn't have a leather sole and separate heel.
Secondly, they are just for weight lifting, don't bother running on the threadmill in them. The heel and sole have no cushion. Think about running in leather-soled dress shoes with a solid rubber heel.
Thirdly, worth it? No. They are $200. They are worth it if you compete in powerlifting or Olympic weight lifting. There are other shoes you can wear for working out.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I have a pair and they fit like church shoes, ask yourself do you want to lift in your church shoes?

I get why some people like them though particularly if you squat with the bar position conventional. I low bar squat primarily so I'm not sitting straight down I'm sitting back and thus I don't need my heels elevated for that. Like @unit321 said I wouldn't do anything but lift in them, no grocery store trips, driving, nothing if you cop them

I squat and deadlift in chucks or socks in the summer months because them gym floors are cold as hell in these Minnesota winters

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
I've had Adidas Olympic weightlifting shoes.
First, they were pretty tight. I have wide feet so it was quite uncomfortable. This version is similar except it doesn't have a leather sole and separate heel.
Secondly, they are just for weight lifting, don't bother running on the threadmill in them. The heel and sole have no cushion. Think about running in leather-soled dress shoes with a solid rubber heel.
Thirdly, worth it? No. They are $200. They are worth it if you compete in powerlifting or Olympic weight lifting. There are other shoes you can wear for working out.

On Adidas' site its $90... but I feel ya, I can't see myself buying a pair of shoes only to swap them out 20 mins later to run... lol.
I lift in chucks :ld:

+1. Chucks are the next best thing to lifting with just socks on.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Get them if you are serious about working out. Ain't got shyt to do with bein in competitions or whatever. I bought these last summer and its helped with my squats, deadlifts, and power cleans tremendously. They're supposed to fit your feet like a glove. These ain't running shoes

semtex

:)
Daps
If they are for powerlifting then why are they not flat? :lupe:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How the hell do u squat correctly with heels elevated?
lol watch a powerlifting meet video, ALL squat shoes have elevated heels. Often times when most people squat, as they come up out the "hole" they tend to push off their toes instead of using their entire foot, thus elevating your heel but causing imbalance since your heel isnt resting on anything. When your heel is already elevated (via squat shoes), you come out the hole with pressing with your entire food.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps